Windows 10: Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

Discus and support Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a midi controller, Akai MPK249. When I plug it into my laptop the device manager does not recognize it under sound, video, game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CoyRoskosky, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

I just purchased a midi controller, Akai MPK249. When I plug it into my laptop the device manager does not recognize it under sound, video, game controllers. I right click on it to "scan for hardware changes" and it does not recognize it. I uninstalled usb drivers and reconnected, and computer still did not recognize it. The keyboard is a plug and play so needs no drivers, they are installed on controller. [COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]When I plug it into my other computers it recognizes the midi controller under device manager. [/COLOR] so this is only happening on laptop. When I plug in my Focusrite audio interface into the laptop the sound/ video game/controller under device manager instantly recognizes it. It also works on both usb ports. The midi controller is not recognized on either usb ports on laptop. Windows is completely up to date. Anyone have an idea of what is occuring?

Thanks for response.

:)

CoyRoskosky, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Wavetek Win User

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for some reason, it's no longer being recognized correctly by Windows.

The device is class compliant, so it should work with drivers that Windows 10 already has and does not require 3rd party drivers.

When I go to the device manager, instead of appearing under Sound, video and game controllers, it appears under Other devices with a (!) symbol next to it. Here's a screenshot:

Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249 [​IMG]

When I go to the Properties I see this:

Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249 [​IMG]

I've been in contact with the manufacturer of the device and they've helped me troubleshoot the issue as best they can, but it seems as if this is a Windows problem and not at all a problem with the device. I have tested the device with another computer running Windows 10 and it works perfectly. You can read the thread here to see some of the things I've already tried: Akai MPK49 not working anymore on Windows 10 / FL Studio

Any ideas?

I've put about 8 hours into trying to fix this *Sad The last resort is reformatting and reinstalling Windows, and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!
    Aaron

Wavetek, Jan 26, 2021
  3. MIDI Controller Installation

I have a very new Desktop Computer running Windows10. All up to date with plenty of juice (iCore7, graphic card, 5.1 speakers, etc.).

I just bought an AKAI LPK25 MIDI Controller. Just a little keyboard with the intention of entering notes into Finale (music notation software).

In the device manager under the Device Manager, under Sound, video, game controllers it is listed

AMD High Defintion Audio

HD Webcam C615

LPK25

Realtek High Defintion Audio

When I open the Realtek Audio Mixer it looks like the LPK Editor is listed along with Melodics which software for training using on a MIDI Controller.

Now I know I have sound. Groov Music player works, iTunes works, Melodic software works....

BUT NO SOUND FROM THIS LKP25. I can't figure out the problem. Any ideas?

I posted this under gaming on a Windows 10 computer because it seemed like the closest category where I would find someone that could help. Thanks.

SteveGabel1951, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

Windows 10 Midi Keyboard not working

I have an akai lpk25 midi keyboard and until recently it worked fine on windows 10 Pro. Now without reason no response from it in FL Studio 11 or Ableton live 9. Windows is fully updated, both DAWs recognize the device being there and it also appears correctly
    in the device manager.

Not a hardware problem as using all the same but with a win 7, Ubuntu, and Win 10 Pro from January of this year, (without current updates obviously), everything works fine, so I believe that an update somewhere along the line has fubard the midi controllers.

Note that with current updates akai's own editor will not recognize the device, the only semi fix that i have found is uninstalling the drivers windows provides, restarting and plugging it in with a DAW running give a momentary amount of response, (seconds),
    but then back to nothing

RickySantospt, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

1. Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249 - Similar Threads - device manager recognizing

2. USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone: Hello,I have a pretty old keyboard, to be exact a Yahama PSR E243 and i wanted to connect it to my PC via USB Midi.I installed the dricer and everything and the Driver Shows up as "Yaham USB-MIDI Driver WDM" in my Device Managment under Audio Video and Gamecontroller, but...
  3. USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone: Hello,I have a pretty old keyboard, to be exact a Yahama PSR E243 and i wanted to connect it to my PC via USB Midi.I installed the dricer and everything and the Driver Shows up as "Yaham USB-MIDI Driver WDM" in my Device Managment under Audio Video and Gamecontroller, but...
  4. My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!!: Hello, I have a new HP Laptop - 15t-dy200 that I just hooked up my new Akai MPK Mini 3 to. I plugged in the Akai MPK Mini 3 to my new laptop, followed the installation correctly, but the MIDI isn't working. I already installed it on my PC rig, but it does nothing. The...
  5. All of my Midi Controllers will not show up in Device Manager and have Code 39 Error

All of my Midi Controllers will not show up in Device Manager and have Code 39 Error: So all my midi controllers for music have the yellow triangle with Device status saying: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39. What can i do to fix this? They are all greyed out in my DAW. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device: When I connect my Keystation Pro 88 I get "usb device not recognized... May have malfunctioned" and in device manager it shows up as "unknown usb device: device descriptor request failed." It is natively supported and doesn't require a proprietary driver, but I did try...
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller

Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller: TL;DR: can I force Windows to use a MIDI driver when it mis-recognizes a device? Basically, Windows will see the device, think it is a Generic USB Audio device instead of a MIDI controller, and installs the wrong drivers without errors. the result is that I cannot use the...
  8. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  9. Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface: I am using a Yamaha P-35 keyboard and a Tascam US-122L Audio/Midi interface. All of the audio I/O's are functional but Windows 10 will not recognize the midi input. The Tascam has its own ASIO driver but, I have since installed ASIO4ALL_2_14. Still I have no MIDI. I also...
  10. Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28: Hi, I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for some reason, it's no longer being recognized correctly by Windows. The device is class compliant, so it should work with...