Windows 10: Windows device still logged in after removal

Discus and support Windows device still logged in after removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I logged into a computer to do some stuff at work. Now I want to remove the computer. I did this in my Microsoft account on the web browser of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Amusedspider33, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows device still logged in after removal

Hello

I logged into a computer to do some stuff at work. Now I want to remove the computer. I did this in my Microsoft account on the web browser of the computer, as I have not found any options to log out in the settings of the computer.

I removed the device from my account. But the computer is still logged in, even after restarting. How can I fully remove the device/ log out of my account on the computer itself?

:)

Amusedspider33, Apr 8, 2021

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Ermin Rey Win User
    How to remove the unused old device from account?

Thanks for the clarification. To remove connected devices on your account kindly follow the steps below:

1. Log in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Go to Devices
    3. Then remove the unwanted devices.

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any issue.

Ermin Rey, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows device still logged in after removal

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows device still logged in after removal

1. Windows device still logged in after removal - Similar Threads - device still logged

2. Logged into 365 and removed device but still logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged into 365 and removed device but still logged in: I needed to use office 365 on the work computer and it logged me in as the whole Microsoft account. I removed device, and restarted computer yet my log in is still there and my one drive. I don't want my coworkers having access to that....
  3. Logged into 365 and removed device but still logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged into 365 and removed device but still logged in: I needed to use office 365 on the work computer and it logged me in as the whole Microsoft account. I removed device, and restarted computer yet my log in is still there and my one drive. I don't want my coworkers having access to that....
  4. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  5. Safely remove device still not working

Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  6. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  7. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  8. Device still appeared after deletion

9. Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.: I am having problems with the "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200" and want to reinstall it cleanly. When I uninstall the device with the device manager it appears there again after a reboot. Is there a way to completely uninstall the device?...
  10. Logging removable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logging removable devices: I upgraded Windows from 1507 to 1803 version and currently I have a problem with logging removable devices – just CD and DVD work without any problems. I deployed security auditing and received a message that everything is set properly. Thank you for the help....