Windows 10: Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive...

Discus and support Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HDD. Thie HDD had been the location of the partition that windows was on when i bought the PC, 4 years ago. The SSD had been the windows drive for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by falcmik, Jul 10, 2019.

1. falcmik Win User

Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive...

HDD. Thie HDD had been the location of the partition that windows was on when i bought the PC, 4 years ago. The SSD had been the windows drive for the last 31/2 years and i never had windows update do anything like this. All the settings, software, and apps for the two users of the PC were not moved to the "new" partition and windows installation. In fact all the settings, software, apps, and user accounts are from 2016 when i bought the PC, so one of the two users does not even have an account any more(which was easily fixed, its just the point why did i even have to do this?). How do I: 1-get windows back on to the SSD? 2-Keep the settings etc...that were part of the SSD windows installation before the update? Is this possible? Or are we going to have spend more time resetting up our accounts? If its not possible to keep the settings etc...How can at least install windows back on to the SSD again?

:)

falcmik, Jul 10, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive...

1. Windows did an update, i still dont know for what, but it moved my windows intalation drive... - Similar Threads - did update still

2. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont know what Mhz my ram is: When i look in task manager it says 2667MHz but in my program that says all the computer things, it says its 1329MHzWhich one is true ? and is it worth it to get 32GB of ram of 2666 MHz i have 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1329MHz 19-19-19-43...
  3. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know what Mhz my ram is: When i look in task manager it says 2667MHz but in my program that says all the computer things, it says its 1329MHzWhich one is true ? and is it worth it to get 32GB of ram of 2666 MHz i have 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1329MHz 19-19-19-43...
  4. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot update my windows 10 computer and I dont know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update my windows 10 computer and I dont know what to do: Ive been trying for months to update my computer and it just wont let me. it gives me the error code that it keeps giving me is 0x80070643 and despite multiple YouTube tutorials the issue persists, this wouldn't be a major problem for me if not for the fact around the same...
  6. I dont know what to do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont know what to do.: I bought Windows 10 Home. Downloaded and installed it. Absolutely nothing changed. Cant personalize or anything like I bought it to do. Does it take a couple days to activate or do I have to get a refund and waste money on Windows 10 Pro because it says my Windows Edition is...
  7. I dont know what happend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I dont know what happend: I let my HP laptop install an update while it was installing I noticed that it stayed at 54% suddenly the laptop restarted and is now showing this https://i.imgur.com/EBkU6EV.jpg Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/Taurenz [link] [comments]...
  8. help. i dont know what i did

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help. i dont know what i did: [ATTACH] i was playing a game and this UI popped up. i dont know what i did and i dont know how to get rid of it. i asked the previos owner and they said theyve never seen it...
  9. i dont know whats wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i dont know whats wrong: my msvcp140.dll won't work and I am trying to play games but it is saying its missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-whats-wrong/6dc9affe-348a-49ac-ac8c-9e6223cfdffb
  10. I dont know what is happenig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I dont know what is happenig: I wanted to ask I have windows 10 and when I turn on a game called league of legends its saying in task manager that league of legends is 60% in task manager but in task manager is saying that the hole processor is working on 100% and its just the game nothing in the...