Windows 10: Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Discus and support Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 pro, kept getting message that windows latest update failed, couldn't get it to quit reminding me and eventually after several days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaSmithDA, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Running Windows 10 pro, kept getting message that windows latest update failed, couldn't get it to quit reminding me and eventually after several days and tries it did complete successfully. Shortly after that my monitor screen developed a large shadow over left side of screen covering about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total screen. Though maybe my monitor is ready to stop. Maybe it is my video card. I hate it when things don't properly work. I think it had something to do with the update, but not sure. Any suggestions?

:)

DonnaSmithDA, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2019
  4. CJasonS Win User

Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Window 10 update causes lost apps

Hi Sachin,

The screenshot of the installed updates is all I have left on my system. On January 16th I installed my AV software and on the 17th after system updates - it only existed in the windows/old folder. Unless you have any ideas where to look for the previous
    update list, it looks like this is another unsolvable mystery of Windows (sigh).

Jason

CJasonS, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

1. Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor - Similar Threads - did update 16th

2. No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th: Windows updates seem to by trying yet I have had No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 x64 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th. It appears there have been a few. I am getting no errors. Last cumulative update was on September 10th September 10,...
  3. Cannot burn DVDs since Windows update that I did 4 days ago.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot burn DVDs since Windows update that I did 4 days ago.: Windows had me do an update last week and since then I cannot burn discs anymore. When I put a disc in, I get a box that says it is preparing to format, but this just cycles for a couple minutes before I get an error message stating format could not be completed, and then...
  4. Since windows update, I no longer have sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since windows update, I no longer have sound: I have a hp laptop and its been working great. However since the last windows update (Windows 10 1809 17763.529) today, i have no sound at all. Sound icon has a red X over it and it does not show any sound devices in device manager for the sound card or the digital intel...
  5. Everything keeps crashing since I did a refresh on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything keeps crashing since I did a refresh on my computer: My screen was flickering so my dad did a refresh, ever since that.... Pretty much the only thing that works and doesn't constantly crash on me is Skype. Chrome is the worst, likely because it's the most memory draw. Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve buying a new...
  6. Word has stopped working ever since i did the update

Word has stopped working ever since i did the update: My word, excel ect has stopped working since I did the Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-has-stopped-working-ever-since-i-did-the/ecd58928-10ed-4062-95c2-acd419db361c
  7. why did my update says i have 1803 and others say 1809

why did my update says i have 1803 and others say 1809: what update is correct.. and I have so many bugs I can't fix and I ran a troubleshoot and they said my windows 10 is corrupted and they said it was fixed but I am having the same problems....
  8. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...: Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it changed the pin to one that was never used with this computer, This has been corrected. The second problem is that it is dening me...
  9. I have had four issue arise since the automatic update Microsoft did last last week.

I have had four issue arise since the automatic update Microsoft did last last week.: 1. Shut off my microphone: Went on line and found others with similar problems, apparently you went in, reinstalled games we did not want, shut off our app microphones. I turned on the microphone, and then turned it off for particular apps. I have yet to test it. 2. I have...
  10. Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1: I didn't know where else to post this weird one. Did the first Win 10 image on a desktop and noticed a Recovery Partition. On one of two desktops. Both desktops were installed with Windows 7 Pro oem updated to 8.0/8.1/10 which means it never had a Recovery partition to begin...