Windows 10: Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Discus and support Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 pro, kept getting message that windows latest update failed, couldn't get it to quit reminding me and eventually after several days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaSmithDA, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Running Windows 10 pro, kept getting message that windows latest update failed, couldn't get it to quit reminding me and eventually after several days and tries it did complete successfully. Shortly after that my monitor screen developed a large shadow over left side of screen covering about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total screen. Though maybe my monitor is ready to stop. Maybe it is my video card. I hate it when things don't properly work. I think it had something to do with the update, but not sure. Any suggestions?

:)

DonnaSmithDA, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2019
  4. CJasonS Win User

Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

Window 10 update causes lost apps

Hi Sachin,

The screenshot of the installed updates is all I have left on my system. On January 16th I installed my AV software and on the 17th after system updates - it only existed in the windows/old folder. Unless you have any ideas where to look for the previous
    update list, it looks like this is another unsolvable mystery of Windows (sigh).

Jason

CJasonS, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor

1. Windows did update on 16th or 17th and since then I have a shadown on my monitor - Similar Threads - did update 16th

2. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  3. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  4. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  5. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  6. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Lagging / screen freezes since about Feb 16th

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging / screen freezes since about Feb 16th: For two and a half weeks I have had lagging and freezes in programs.- Rainbow Six Extraction gets moments when the screen freezes for several seconds before continuing as normal making it unusable.- Smite and Gunfire Reborn get lagging / stuttering making them difficult to...
  8. BSoD since October 16th

BSoD since October 16th: Yes, i have had BSoD's since the 16th of october i've done all the troubleshooting which are memtest - came back clear, got new ram just in case tho, still happens got a new PSU just incase that was the cause reset windows uninstalled old display drivers and reinstalled new...
  9. BSOD Problems since the 16th of August

BSOD Problems since the 16th of August: I have been using windows 7 and Windows 10 with great stability, but since yesterday it keeps crashing on me... Any help would be welcome [ATTACH] I updates my Nvidia driver a few days ago, but that was before the 16th. I removed the driver yesterday evening thinking this...
  10. No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th: Windows updates seem to by trying yet I have had No Updates on Windows 10 Home 1903 x64 since Sept 10th and no Defender updates since September 16th. It appears there have been a few. I am getting no errors. Last cumulative update was on September 10th September 10,...