Windows 10: Windows didn't shut down cleanly

Discus and support Windows didn't shut down cleanly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have Dell XPS8700. After a windows update last June, my computer wouldn't shut down in the normal way. After messing about, looking for a solution... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Roger Alvah Walker, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows didn't shut down cleanly

I have Dell XPS8700. After a windows update last June, my computer wouldn't shut down in the normal way. After messing about, looking for a solution for weeks, I discovered that I couldn't open Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, & that it had been corrupted. Once I had downloaded & installed the software from the Intel site, the computer now works fine!

:)

Roger Alvah Walker, Aug 18, 2020

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Aug 18, 2020
  3. MiadAbdi Win User
    Problem in starting windows

Hi friend

Thank you for your answer

Question 1:

No i didn`t. I didn`t shut down with hibernate.

Q 2:

No i haven`t for example i didn`t active hibernate.

Q 3:

I cannot do anything beacuse desktop don`t open

Thanks a lot

MiadAbdi, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows didn't shut down cleanly

Chrome/ App didn`t start

Hi,

Thanks for your help but... it didn`t work, I get the same error...

I would like to try some more solutions before reinstalling the Windows, so if you can assist me a little bite more... Windows didn't shut down cleanly :)... it would be highly appreciated.

Radu

RaduBalauca, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows didn't shut down cleanly

1. Windows didn't shut down cleanly - Similar Threads - didn't shut down

2. won't start keep getting windows didn't shut down right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't start keep getting windows didn't shut down right: how can I get my computer to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-start-keep-getting-windows-didnt-shut-down/5befd3c0-f2e8-43f0-a487-94fafff9c508
  3. won't start keep getting windows didn't shut down right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    won't start keep getting windows didn't shut down right: how can I get my computer to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-start-keep-getting-windows-didnt-shut-down/5befd3c0-f2e8-43f0-a487-94fafff9c508
  4. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  5. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  6. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The operating system did not shut down clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shut down clean: When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to i tryed how to do it it never worked my model .HP laptop .2020 HP laptop. .1,300 $ HP laptop Please tell me what to do....
  8. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly": computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-randomly-showingthe-opwerating/a68f7186-4c26-4180-95b6-6daf60c2dc25
  9. The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power: I have been getting this Event ID: 41 I in the past had several of these and changed motherboard which seems have fixed the issue, however it seems to have returned again. The last previous was back in 2016-12-02 this morning I get up to my main business computer/server has...
  10. shutting down and cleaning screen

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down and cleaning screen: When I shutdown my asus laptop should I also unplug the battery cord. Also, what is the best thing to clean my computer screen? I know they are stupid questions, but I really don't know much about computers, going on 72 and fairly new at it. Thanks for any help. 68574