Windows 10: Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account

Discus and support Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, I am trying to create different user on Win 10, i tried everything but still some of the main user apps are showed in the new user desktop... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DimitarHristov1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account

Hi All,

I am trying to create different user on Win 10, i tried everything but still some of the main user apps are showed in the new user desktop for example: Chrome, Mozilla, Steam, Adobe etc. I want to create new clean user and have only the bin on the desktop

Could you please help?

Thank you in advance

:)

DimitarHristov1, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account :(

Zakin, Jun 26, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account

1. Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account - Similar Threads - different users accounts

2. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  3. Main User Account missing, I need to restore

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Main User Account missing, I need to restore: I don't know what I did but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts at login or in the user accounts control panel. I've activated and verified...
  4. Game opens on new account but not main account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game opens on new account but not main account: Rocket League (game on Steam) won't launch while using main Windows Account, but a Guest Account can launch the game just fine. Really unsure on how to fix this....
  5. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  6. Remove main account

Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...
  7. Moving desktop from different user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving desktop from different user account: I have 2 user accounts with the DESKTOP folder listed. Either one opens the desktop files and sub-folders. I'd like to move the default location of DESKTOP from one user account to another without creating any redundancies, deletions or problems. Can this be done? *Cool*Cool...
  8. Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local)

Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local): So my current user account is part of a workspace. The whole system is connected to an organization which i want to disconnect from. As seen here [img] To do that though it is required to have another local user account (with admin privileges) so that you can sign in to...
  9. User accounts and users are different

User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  10. How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10

How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10: Hi I'm surprised that nobody else has this problem, but I've searched and can't find an answer...apologies if I've not looked hard enough but I decided to post a question because this is 'urgent' to me. I had 2 children's accounts in Win 8, and had local Parental...