Windows 10: Windows digital license on new PC

Discus and support Windows digital license on new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Δημήτρης Παπαϊωάννου, May 28, 2019.

1. Windows digital license on new PC

Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?

:)

Δημήτρης Παπαϊωάννου, May 28, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2019
  3. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

4. Windows digital license on new PC

Thema:

Windows digital license on new PC

1. Windows digital license on new PC - Similar Threads - digital license

2. Windows Kms to digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Kms to digital license: Hi microsoft community,Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using the...
  3. Windows Kms to digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Kms to digital license: Hi microsoft community,Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using the...
  4. How can I Activate Window 11 from Window 10 without digital license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Activate Window 11 from Window 10 without digital license key?: Hi, I am currently using Window 10 Enterprise version, which is not registered by digital key license, I guess it was done by physical. Later on, I have installed Window 11 which was recommended by windows but it shows not activate. Can you please guide me how to activate...
  5. How can I Activate Window 11 from Window 10 without digital license key?

How can I Activate Window 11 from Window 10 without digital license key?: Hi, I am currently using Window 10 Enterprise version, which is not registered by digital key license, I guess it was done by physical. Later on, I have installed Window 11 which was recommended by windows but it shows not activate. Can you please guide me how to activate...
  6. how to get a copy of my windows 10 home Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get a copy of my windows 10 home Digital License: Hello! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-copy-of-my-windows-10-home-digital/e5730497-e25b-4cd6-b22d-55d1e2e1e983
  7. how to get a copy of my windows 10 home Digital License

how to get a copy of my windows 10 home Digital License: Hello! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-copy-of-my-windows-10-home-digital/e5730497-e25b-4cd6-b22d-55d1e2e1e983
  8. how to get a copy of my windows 10 home Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  10. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...