Windows 10: Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option

Discus and support Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to figure out how I can have my laptop preloaded with Windows 10 from manufacturer dim its screen before automatically going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Anonymous Tech User, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how I can have my laptop preloaded with Windows 10 from manufacturer dim its screen before automatically going to sleep after being idle for a set amount of time so I can easily wake it back up. What I mean is similar as to how our phones will dim just before going to sleep if it's idle for some time with the user being able to touch it from preventing it from going into that sleep mode. Any help would appreciated.

:)

Anonymous Tech User, Mar 20, 2020

2. Automatic screen dimming.

It sounds like automatic dimming, hopefully it is that, and that you can follow the screenshots I've provided, let us know if this helps or not Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option :)

Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Marron Win User
    Automatic screen dimming.

They're both off. But I started asking around people in my company, if they know something about this. And it turns out there's an easy fix. Plug in your power cable. :\
    And so far it seems to work. Too bad I wasted 3 days trying all the fixes I could find ...

Marron, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Fool Win User

Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Thema:

Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option

1. Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option - Similar Threads - dim screen before

2. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  3. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  4. Automatic dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic dimming: Hello,My screen keeps dimming when I go to dark websites such as Disney plus and settings.I want this to stop, but I don't know how.I have tried to do it in the power plan advanced settings, but no such option exists.Help?...
  5. will not go to sleep even though it did before

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will not go to sleep even though it did before: My computer will not hibernate even though it did before. I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-go-to-sleep-even-though-it-did-before/31f4b1cb-71d2-49e0-ac44-fa67e33ee429
  6. Laptop Not Warning Me Before Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Not Warning Me Before Going to Sleep: Sometime last year, my laptop started going to sleep with no, or next to no warning. No “You have x% power left” warning, no beep, not so much as much as a “F you, I’m out.” It hasn’t been an issue because I used to only use my laptop when it was plugged in. But I’ve given up...
  7. Screen Brightness dims automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  8. Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying screen dimming and sleeping: So my laptop will now try to dim the screen and go to sleep { if its either not in a full screen app like a game or youtube vid } i can tell its useing my webcam to see if i am in front of the screen or not because i see the red cam light flash when it begins looking and i...
  9. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  10. Automatic screen dimming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic screen dimming.: This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed. So basically, what's happening is that whenever my...