Windows 10: Windows directing reset of Password??

Discus and support Windows directing reset of Password?? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I closed & restarted my windows 10 laptop for the first time in a little while. It updates of course automatically during this process. When I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ValGal377, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ValGal377 Win User

Windows directing reset of Password??

Hi, I closed & restarted my windows 10 laptop for the first time in a little while. It updates of course automatically during this process.

When I (unslept it? started from a complete shutdown maybe)... And after entering my password,

It opens to a reset password screen, with verbal instructions automatically coming out of my computer.

It says: Recover your Account at the top of screen.

I've never had this happen before; wasn't having any problems...

(worried about scam)

Note: I do have a pretty simple, older password.

Thanks!!

ALSO, WHERE DO YOU REPORT TO MICROSOFT POSSIBLE SCAMS?

:)

ValGal377, Dec 10, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Windows directing reset of Password??

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows directing reset of Password??

1. Windows directing reset of Password?? - Similar Threads - directing reset Password

2. password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password reset: I made this account so I could send an email because I forgot the password to my other account, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I tried to reset it but I couldn't. It said "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account ui***** Email address is...
  3. Reseting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting password: Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question.I have a little Dell laptop that is 10 years old with Windows 7 installed that I would like to use in a local environment. So I really don't want or need to update the OS I should think. I have forgotten the password and...
  4. reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset password: i purchased a gateway nv53a laptop with windows 7 home premium and cannot logon due to not knowing the admin user login info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password/e9954b51-13bb-45e5-a118-13292560e359
  5. Password Resetting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Resetting: Hello, I am using a Microsoft account on my laptop and I could log into my account using my fingerprint. However, I intend to know the password of my Windows account for some reason. I saw that my Windows password should be the same as my Microsoft account, but Windows is...
  6. password reset for windows

password reset for windows: I am locked out of my laptop. It says incorrect password and pin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-for-windows/22ff28c9-1696-4bc6-b2c9-e4f9922e0492
  7. Reset password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset password: I'm am currently getting emails that give me a code for resetting my password. Currently there is noone in my home doing it, so I have a feeling its someone trying to get into my account. Is there a way to stop this from happening?...
  8. Resetting Windows password

Resetting Windows password: I am helping my SO with his PC. I have reset his Microsoft password, but then another password for Windows was required. He doesn't remember it and there was no "Rest Password" link. How do I go about resetting it? I am a MAC user, so not too PC literate. Thank you for any...
  9. Reset Password

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Password: My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work. They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper case,one lower case + symbols etc.) but they also say there must be one didgit, what do they mean by this? 138882
  10. Password reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset: Hi, Does the admin command "net user<username><new password> still work with windows 10 1903 Thank You 137552