Windows 10: Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active.

Discus and support Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently acquired a bluetooth headset and I've noticed that whenever the microphone is enabled specifically in discord and other apps such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KirillRamdan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active.

Hello, I recently acquired a bluetooth headset and I've noticed that whenever the microphone is enabled specifically in discord and other apps such as ms teams, zoom etc. that windows disables sound output entirely, the microphone works as others confirm but the sound output for anything is disabled. How do I have it so the microphone works and the sound output is sent correctly and heard.

:)

KirillRamdan, Jan 4, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Jan 4, 2021
  3. windows 10 disables sound while microphone icon is active

windows 10 disables sound while microphone is active.

when i play games that are able to use microphone, the sound turns off without my permission.

this bug should be fixed ASAP!

for now, i'm gonna install a Linux distro until microsoft fixes it.

Jakub_Benes, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active.

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active.

1. Windows disable all sounds when microphone is active. - Similar Threads - disable sounds microphone

2. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  3. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  4. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality drop when microphone is activated: Hi team, I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphona and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music...
  5. Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings: I built a new PC recently and have been using my Xbox One controller's microphone as a microphone as I don't have one and I noticed that it wasn't connecting anymore flashing like crazy disconnect and reconnect under Discord's settings and then stopped detecting and went to...
  6. There is no disable all sounds button on enhancements

There is no disable all sounds button on enhancements: [ATTACH]I was hearing a buzzing noise with my headpones so i searched it and a saw a solution that seemed to be working with others. I went to fix it myself but i couldnt find the button. The headphone sound is really annoying and i have to use my headphones every day for...
  7. Bluetooth Earbuds will cut off all sound while Microphone is active.

Bluetooth Earbuds will cut off all sound while Microphone is active.: I've searched and found some other posts with questions similar to mine but ultimately haven't found any solutions.. Device: EnacFire E60 Wireless Sport Earbuds. This problem aroused pretty recently. Ever since I've gotten these earbuds they have worked perfectly and I...
  8. windows 10 disables sound while microphone icon is active

windows 10 disables sound while microphone icon is active: windows 10 disables sound while microphone is active. when i play games that are able to use microphone, the sound turns off without my permission. this bug should be fixed ASAP! for now, i'm gonna install a Linux distro until microsoft fixes it....
  9. Having a microphone activated mutes all other sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a microphone activated mutes all other sounds: As the title says, whenever the mic is on (i.e. while talking to friends on discord or using the voice chat on a game) it mutes all other sounds. I have a pair of REDMI Airdots, and the only way that I can listen to other things is to use the "Headset" option, but it drops...
  10. Windows muting all sounds when using microphone

Windows muting all sounds when using microphone: My problem is when any program start to use my microhpone then all other app sound output is muted. I would like to hear game sounds for example when using discord. I tried all the solutions I found on the web and checked all possible settings related to sounds and...