Windows 10: Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop

Discus and support Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Turned my Laptop on, the screen showed a msg that I am no longer able to use my 4 digit code to access my Laptop, it required me to sign in to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anthony A.Hamad, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop

Turned my Laptop on, the screen showed a msg that I am no longer able to use my 4 digit code to access my Laptop, it required me to sign in to my Microsoft account.

I do not wish to do that each time, I would like to continue using my 4 digit code. Kindly help with a solution. Many thanks.

:)

Anthony A.Hamad, Jul 22, 2018

2. Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop

Turned my Laptop on, the screen showed a msg that I am no longer able to use my 4 digit code to access my Laptop, it required me to sign in to my Microsoft account.

I do not wish to do that each time, I would like to continue using my 4 digit code. Kindly help with a solution. Many thanks.

Anthony A.Hamad, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop

Unable to establish 4 digit pin for quick access. No luck in using ''settings''

Hello Glen,

I understand that you are facing issues with create a 4-dgiti pin to log-in to the device. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to access the 4-digit PIN on your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are not comfort to enter long letters of password, you
    may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

NOTE: Make sure that your device is connected to internet connection.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop

1. Windows disabled my 4 digit code to access my laptop - Similar Threads - disabled digit code

2. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: I've tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but it's looking for 4 digit pin which i don't have* Changed to a question...
  3. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: Ive tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but its looking for 4 digit pin which i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-code-instead-of-6-on-windows-hello/fa39efe0-76e8-451e-af0d-abaed765a641
  4. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello: Ive tried logging into my microsoft account and it asked for my pin so i gave it my 6 digit pin but its looking for 4 digit pin which i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-code-instead-of-6-on-windows-hello/fa39efe0-76e8-451e-af0d-abaed765a641
  5. 4 digit code instead of 6 on windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  7. Microsoft keeps sending me 4-Digit Code

Microsoft keeps sending me 4-Digit Code: I keep receive suspicious 4 digit access codes every few minutes via SMS. The strange thing is that the code always contains the same numbers. I changed the password on my accounts that are associated to a microsoft account, but i keep getting these messages.Is there anything...
  8. Windows 4-digits PIN

Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  9. Have 4 digit code to log in. Forgot password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have 4 digit code to log in. Forgot password.: Hi,I need my main pc password to have my backup pc access my main pc on my network. I normally access my main pc with a four digit code. Have code not password. Please advise.Thanks,Joe...
  10. 4 digit pin code not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 digit pin code not recognized: After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up with message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. After pressing ok there is just a black screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4 digit code for access