Windows 10: Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47

Discus and support Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I bought a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI. Whenever I try to update its drivers from the version 382.33 the version on the Disc included in the Graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yoshidome-BC30D4D3-16C4-4, May 31, 2021.

1. Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47

Recently I bought a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI. Whenever I try to update its drivers from the version 382.33 the version on the Disc included in the Graphic card's box, Windows 10 just disables it "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. code 43", my screen resolution gets stuck to only four options neither of them being my monitor's resolution: 1360x768, I cannot play my games, I loose access to Nvidia Control Panel, I cannot install the latest version of Nvidia Gamer Ready , and whenever I try to update the drivers to the latest version that is already installed, I

:)

Yoshidome-BC30D4D3-16C4-4, May 31, 2021
  2. lionwing Win User

Windows 10 / Nvidia 1030 - Code 43

After a Windows (Win 10 Home) update yesterday afternoon my son's PC reported the problem shown in the image below.

Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47 [​IMG]

The result of this means he cannot play the very popular "Fortnite" game which reports this error.

Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47 [​IMG]

Assuming the problem is caused by either the Windows Update or a driver update have done the following;

• Re-installed the latest Nvidia Driver. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Installed the previous set of Nvida Drivers. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Via the Control Panel / Device Manager I disabled and enabled the device. This didn't fix the problem.
    • Via the Control Panel / Device Manager I used the "update driver" feature. This didn't fix the problem.
    • I did a system restore to the day before. This did not complete with Windows reporting the Anti Virus software may have prevented the process. Default Windows Defender is the AV.
    • I disabled the AV and tried system restore again. This didn't fix the problem.

In all other areas the system is functioning fine although my son said he had low FPS on Rainbow Six Siege which he tried to play when Fortnite wouldn't launch.

The PC is just over a week old so I am doubtful of any hardware issues with no other symptoms or errors showing.

So...any ideas or suggestions for next steps please?

lionwing, May 31, 2021
  3. nxlongth Win User
    Windows 10 / Nvidia 1030 - Code 43

--> Try to System Restore, hope it help.

nxlongth, May 31, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47

Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you receive an error code 43 for the NVidia Graphics Driver in Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, the recommended resolution for the error code 43 is to reinstall the Graphics driver, as you have already tried reinstalling the drivers, let us try doing a clean installation of Graphics driver and see if that helps.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Do not restart the PC

Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from NVidia
    website
    , once you download the drivers perform a clean install of drivers by following the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to the location where the driver is downloaded (Usually it should be in the
      Downloads folder).
    2. Double-click on the driver to
      run it.
    3. Click on OK to start extracting the driver packages.
    4. Accept the License agreement and proceed further.
    5. Under Install options select
      Custom (Advanced)
      and click on Next
    6. Check the box next to
      Perform clean install and click on Next
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47

1. Windows disables graphic card code 43 after updating Nvidia drivers ver. 466.47 - Similar Threads - disables graphic card

2. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  3. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  4. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Graphics Driver Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Driver Code 43: Hello Guys, I have an ASUS Rog Gl553VE with 16 gb ram and 1050Ti mobile graphics card.I use my laptop almost 24 hours sometimes, and I was busy in papers last few couple of days. In those days, my laptop once stopped working, the lights are getting on for 1 second and after...
  6. How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.: submitted by /u/Venkat_Jighnesh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsc55z/how_to_fix_error_code_43_for_my_nvidia_graphics/
  7. Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver

Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver: I recently bought a prebuilt ABS Mage computer with the NVIDIA Graphics card included. I set up the computer and downloaded a few games to play. Initially the first hour of game play was fine. I turned computer off went to bed, came back the next day and Windows is...
  8. Intel and NVIDIA Graphics Device Driver Code 43 Error After Windows 10 Upgrade

Intel and NVIDIA Graphics Device Driver Code 43 Error After Windows 10 Upgrade: Ever since I upgraded my Operating System to the March 2019 version of windows 10 (1903), my Intel HD graphics and NVIDIA GeForce 840M driver has been reporting an error message and I've not been able to use my PC for my normal activities due to the fact that my PC now runs...
  9. Graphics card error code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card error code 43: Hello! I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600). I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've...
  10. Fix error 43 on nvidia graphic cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fix error 43 on nvidia graphic cards: There are lots of posts on the internet regarding to this issue. mostly addressing you to uninstall the graphic driver and reinstall it. sometimes it will work most of the times it wont. some people suggest that error 43 means that the graphic card is dead or it is showing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1050 ti only works with 382.33