Windows 10: Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started

Discus and support Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been bashing my head against the wall for hours trying to figure this issue out that I've been dealing with for months. I have Dolby Access that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/misterpyrrhuloxia, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started

I've been bashing my head against the wall for hours trying to figure this issue out that I've been dealing with for months.

I have Dolby Access that I use for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. I have the latest version of Dolby Access installed and my headset is on the latest firmware version. Most of the time I turn my headset on following a reboot or fresh startup, Spatial Audio in the Sound Control Panel gets turned off, even though it was already set to Dolby Atmos right before turning my headset on. But on the occasions that Spatial Audio doesn't get disabled upon powering on my headset, Spatial Audio gets turned off the moment I launch any game at all. I then have to re-enable Dolby Atmos while the game is running and then restart the game in order for Dolby Atmos to work in that game. Dolby Atmos will then stay enabled in the Spatial Audio settings until I either turn my headset off, reboot, or after the next fresh start following a shutdown.

This is incredibly annoying because every time I sit down to play, I have to re-enable Dolby Atmos after launching a game and then restart that game. At this point, I don't know what else to do to fix this.

Can someone please help me figure out how to just keep Dolby Atmos permanently enabled in Spatial Audio?

Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
    Sound card (part of MoBo): Realtek HD Audio
    Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 9X (wirelessly connected to PC via Xbox One Wireless Adapter)

submitted by /u/misterpyrrhuloxia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/misterpyrrhuloxia, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Adrian3B Win User

Spatial audio

For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my console with no problem but now that u have upgraded to a pc, it just does not work for some reason. I've
    tried installing latest drivers, updating windows, and uninstalling and reinstalling the audio device, non of it helped.

Adrian3B, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Alcyone00 Win User
    How to disable spatial sound permanently?

I am having the same problem with Arctic 5 headset, every time I start a game that uses spatial sounds it will turn on Windows Sonic, I am using Dolby Atmos for my spatial sound and it keeps changing it every time. I tried every possible solution I found
    and nothing helped. It started to happen after May update.

Alcyone00, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started

1. Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started - Similar Threads - disables Spatial Audio

2. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.: After booting up my PC on 9/20/2023 all audio has become spatial with no way to turn it off. I've checked all my audio devices and it's marked as "off," I've tried plugging in my headphones to different aux ports, and have done troubleshooting on my audio software to confirm...
  3. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.: After booting up my PC on 9/20/2023 all audio has become spatial with no way to turn it off. I've checked all my audio devices and it's marked as "off," I've tried plugging in my headphones to different aux ports, and have done troubleshooting on my audio software to confirm...
  4. After most recent Windows update, spatial audio is always on - no way to turn it off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  6. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  7. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

8. Spatial Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Audio: I can't seem to get spatial audio on my headphones, and it is being registered as speakers. I have Blue yeti Nano Microphone, and my headphones, which are Arctic 3 SteelSeries wired....
  9. Spatial audio

Spatial audio: For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my console with no problem but now that u have upgraded to a pc, it just does not work for some reason. I've tried installing...
  10. Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???

Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???: My system is a brand new DELL Precision 5530 workstation (pro version of the popular XPS 15). Without entering too much into the technical details and symptoms, after long and careful testing, I have good reasons to believe that my Realtek audio device is always using...