Windows 10: Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

Discus and support Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a few years I have had a very aggravating problem where non-maximized windows will disappear behind the last maximized window unless my pointer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neil Dolinger SW, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

For a few years I have had a very aggravating problem where non-maximized windows will disappear behind the last maximized window unless my pointer is already over that desired window. Clicking on the window's taskbar icon does not help, since my pointer is down at the taskbar at that time; the window will flash briefly in its place then disappear again. The only solution seems to be to guess where the window should be on the screen (e.g. top left corner or center of screen), put my pointer there, then toggle through the windows using Alt-Tab.

What can I do so that these non-maximized windows stay on top?

:)

Neil Dolinger SW, Mar 8, 2019

2. mouse cursor disappears on taskbar and on windows control buttons (maximize, close)

After installing Fall Creators update today, the mouse cursor disappears on certain elements.

• disappears on taskbar area (when in that area, also if taskbar is still hidden)
    • disappears on maximized windows controlbuttons (maximize, close)

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them 0f9dd81a-1ed7-4014-865b-da72d9ed7919.jpg

Reinstalling mousedriver and upgrade to newest Nvidia gpu-driver didnt fix it.

What is the solution?

mousemousemouse1, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Mar 8, 2019
  4. SANDYUL Win User

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

DISAPPEARING CURSOR

• IM USING WINDOWS 10 AND MY CURSOR DISAPPEARED AND I CANT GET IT BACK EVEN WHEN I TURN IT OFF AND BACK ON OR RESET. ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

SANDYUL, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

1. Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them - Similar Threads - disappear unless maximized

2. cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor disappears: When I have open groove music and have minecraft open at the same time whilst in minecraft my cursor disappears I've tried restarting but nothing works does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing (top left corner, top row, the left three icons). windows 10, 64. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same (left most two on the top row): white/grey, wiht...
  4. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...
  5. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...
  6. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

7. Disappearing Cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing Cursor?: When I enter the window of a game that I downloaded from the internet, my cursor disappears and I am not able to interact with anything in the window. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a problem with the application or with windows? Thanks....
  8. minimize/maximize disappear

minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  9. Cursor disappears

Cursor disappears: My cursor disappears while I am working on my laptop. I have to restart the computer to get it back. This happens several times a day. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears/5fee4982-cf11-4ca1-91f3-27d257bcdc37
  10. Disappearing cursor

Disappearing cursor: Recently I updated. Since then I can no longer see my cursor in Chrome but I can see it in edge. Suggestions? Thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-cursor/0a79f378-026b-4fc3-b2e0-7e6700df261f