Windows 10: windows disappearing to back of maximised window

Discus and support windows disappearing to back of maximised window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I'm using windows 10, if I have a window open and maximised, and then click on a new window it appears but as soon as I try to move the cursor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eamo100, Oct 7, 2019.

1. eamo100 Win User

windows disappearing to back of maximised window

Hi

I'm using windows 10, if I have a window open and maximised, and then click on a new window it appears but as soon as I try to move the cursor to the restored down window it disappears behind the maximised window, as in which ever window i hover over becomes the active window, This means that if the active window is maximised then all other windows disappear behind it. If the restore down windows open away from the task bar then I can't even get the cursor to stop it from disappearing because, as soon as the cursor leaves the task bar it has to cross the open maximised window and sends the restore down window to the back. It doesn't matter what app or program i have open (word, windows explorer, any of the browsers, Arduino IDE) they all do the same.

Please help

Eamonn

:)

eamo100, Oct 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2019
  4. sam4673 Win User

Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. windows disappearing to back of maximised window - Similar Threads - disappearing maximised window

2. Windows Maximise Hover Button Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Maximise Hover Button Not Working.: Hi, When hovering over the maximize button, it usually shows the options horizontally, but now it has changed for some reason, and I can't do any multitasking. I tried turning it on and off, but it didn't work. Please help...
  3. Maximising windows peramnently...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximising windows peramnently...: How can i arrange it so that whenever I open any and all windows, that they open maximised? I mean too, all windows, not just windows that have a shortcut. I am aware about the option in the shortcut panel. Why aren't we given this option with windows? It should be a very...
  4. Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.

Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.: Hi there, In the same issue, whenever I open a window through clicking on its icon on the taskbar, it will also fall behind all maximised windows if it is not maximised itself. This began just over a month ago with a new update, and I've finally had enough of it. If...
  5. Small windows disappear to the back of maximized window

Small windows disappear to the back of maximized window: I have asked this question and no body from Microsoft bothers to reply, I have an acer Extensa 2530 intel core i5-4200u cpu. 64 Bit operating system with windows 10. After one of the windows updates when i open a small window, with a maximized window already open the small...
  6. Maximising the WIndows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maximising the WIndows security: Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one? ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or...
  7. programs are not maximising

programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  8. How to maximise all windows?

How to maximise all windows?: This is bugging me at the moment. I'm stumped concerning how to maximise all windows that are all minimised in the taskbar. Any ideas? Cheers. 57154
  9. Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.: Hi all, I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected. For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the...
  10. Unable to minimise a maximised window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimise a maximised window: So previously with the Snap Assist I was able to hold left click the toolbar as a maximised window and drag it down to minimise it, but now I can only maximise a minimised window like Google Chrome, why has this happened and how can I get this to work again? Edit:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows maximised but click changes behind