Windows 10: Windows disconnecting from Bluetooth speaker when playing audio

Discus and support Windows disconnecting from Bluetooth speaker when playing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Whenever I'm trying to connect to my bluetooth speaker (Harman Kardon Onyx 3), Windows is only connecting to the Hands-Free speaker which results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arneolaim, Dec 11, 2018.

1. arneolaim Win User

Windows disconnecting from Bluetooth speaker when playing audio

Hi!

Whenever I'm trying to connect to my bluetooth speaker (Harman Kardon Onyx 3), Windows is only connecting to the Hands-Free speaker which results in terrible audio quality. At first, Windows also connects to the "Stereo Speaker", but whenever I'm trying to play audio on the stereo speakers, they get disconnected and all I'm left with is the "Hands Free" speaker. I've used this speaker perfectly before, so this is not a problem of incompatibility as some Microsoft representants here have suggested.

I've tried reinstalling and updating drivers for all Bluetooth devices including the Bluetooth adapter. I'm on a Surface Book 2 with the latest Windows 10 1809 update.

:)

arneolaim, Dec 11, 2018
  2. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Genaugmen Win User

No audio from speakers after disconnecting from bluetooth speaker

Speakers are set as default. The meter (in the audio devices dialog) moves with audio playback, just no sound from speakers since disconnecting bluetooth speaker.

Genaugmen, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows disconnecting from Bluetooth speaker when playing audio - Similar Threads - disconnecting Bluetooth speaker

2. Long delay when playing audio from speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Long delay when playing audio from speakers: I really don't know how to explain the problem clearly so I'm going to write down what I am experiencing.Around a few days ago I started to notice that Window sounds, such as plugging/unplugging a device was delayed. I would plug in a device, and it wouldn't give me the...
  3. Windows 11 audio stuttering when playing through bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio stuttering when playing through bluetooth speaker: Hi everyone,I have just built a new pc and decided to use Windows 11. I have experienced frequent audio stuttering and chopping when using my Bluetooth speaker JBL Charge 4. When I connect my earphone through the 3.5mm headphone jack the audio works fine. I have tried...
  4. Windows 11 audio stuttering when playing through bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio stuttering when playing through bluetooth speaker: Hi everyone,I have just built a new pc and decided to use Windows 11. I have experienced frequent audio stuttering and chopping when using my Bluetooth speaker JBL Charge 4. When I connect my earphone through the 3.5mm headphone jack the audio works fine. I have tried...
  5. When Bluetooth disconnects, sound starts playing from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Bluetooth disconnects, sound starts playing from speakers: I work on an HP Elitebook and I use Samsung Galaxy Buds. Whenever I disconnect my Buds or just put them back in their case, music or whatever audio I'm listening to starts playing from the computer's speakers. It's fine for the most part, but it's uncomfortable and disruptive...
  6. When Bluetooth disconnects, sound starts playing from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Bluetooth disconnects, sound starts playing from speakers: I work on an HP Elitebook and I use Samsung Galaxy Buds. Whenever I disconnect my Buds or just put them back in their case, music or whatever audio I'm listening to starts playing from the computer's speakers. It's fine for the most part, but it's uncomfortable and disruptive...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio

Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio: Issue Description: After pairing my audio device it shows as connected in the Bluetooth settings. When I tab out of settings and play audio, the Bluetooth device disconnects neither bluetooth nor the audio device is turned off, the device just disconnects. Sometimes the...
  8. Paused audio will resume on laptop speaker when bluetooth speakers disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paused audio will resume on laptop speaker when bluetooth speakers disconnect: I'm not able to find information about this 'issue'. So this is what's happening; i listen to music either with Groove, Spotifiy or watching videos / music off youtube on my bluetooth speaker connected on my laptop. I pause the music, after a while my bluetooth speaker turn...
  9. Bluetooth speaker (HK Go Play) disconnects from audio playback devices after changing...

Bluetooth speaker (HK Go Play) disconnects from audio playback devices after changing...: Hello all, I have a small problem with Windows bluetooth and I'm hopeless. I have tried everything that was on the internet. From updating, reinstalling drivers, to disconnecting/repairing speaker, changing settings in Device Manager or Devices/Printers, contacting HK...
  10. Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time

Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time: Hello, I am currently working on a homemade project in my free time called Project Surround. I am trying to get a full surround sound setup in my room. I have 2 wired speakers in the front and a Bluetooth speaker in the back. The problem is I need both the wired and...