Windows 10: Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

Discus and support Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently I have Windows 10 (1803) and Ubuntu 18.04 dual-booted onto my laptop. Everything seems to work fine except sometimes when i boot into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ethan Z., Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ethan Z. Win User

Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

Currently I have Windows 10 (1803) and Ubuntu 18.04 dual-booted onto my laptop. Everything seems to work fine except sometimes when i boot into windows, it starts disk checking and then i press a key to skip disk checking. My question is if i dont press a key and it starts disk checking, will it detect Ubuntu and delete the partition i have for it? Or will everything work fine?

:)

Ethan Z., Nov 24, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

1. Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot? - Similar Threads - Disk Checking Dual

2. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  3. Disk check when booting to win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk check when booting to win 10: This computer problem never ends! Now when booting to win 10 (selecting it from the bios as my boot disk), it does a disk check. Any reason why it would suddenly start doing this? 171301
  4. C drive disk check every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive disk check every boot: I have the check disk every boot for a good while now. I’ve tried most solutions e.g. running chkdsk from cmd, disabling chkdsk then running it from cmd, running chkdsk /r and /f. According to CrystalDisk Info the drive is still healthy 96%. I haven’t done reinstall windows...
  5. Check disk at every boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check disk at every boot?: Does anyone have this issue? After this update check disk came up on every boot and it won’t complete ... submitted by /u/russianheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwyg7c/check_disk_at_every_boot/
  6. Check Disk Boot Looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk Boot Looping: I have an 5 year old laptop that's been in a box for about a year. I got it up and running a few weeks ago. I've been doing periodic windows updates since then trying to catch up the system. It asked to do an update 2 days ago and I let it run and restart. I turned off the...
  7. BSOD at boot up, cannot disk check

BSOD at boot up, cannot disk check: Hello. I have recently had problems on my computer and I wonder if someone could help me. So, when i boot up my pc, after the Windows logo i get a BSOD either with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I tried running it in safe mode and it boots up fine...
  8. Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux

Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux: Is it normal for Windows to show a disk checking prompt on startup with two operating systems installed on the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check-on-startup-with-dual-boot-to-linux/d2db2b1f-5216-40ea-bd13-bf035b234df6
  9. Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system

Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system: Having this system Ryzen 2600X@3.8Ghz, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Dual-X w Boost 3GB, Kfa2 GTX 1070 EX 8GB, Crucial MX300 275GB (Windows 10Pro), Crucial MX500 500GB (Kubuntu 18.04 LTS), TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB, Fractal...
  10. Convert dual boot disk into single OS

Convert dual boot disk into single OS: Greetings all. May I ask for a bit of sanity check please. I have a PC running two Windows 10 OS's on two separate partitions. Windows asks me which one I want to run when booting up. I now want to remove one OS and recover its space. If I understand correctly I need to:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot disk check

2. dual boot xp and windows disc checking