Windows 10: Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled.

Discus and support Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a HP laptop running Win 10 Home. Has a SSD drive. Have Disk Defrag scheduled to run weekly. It has yet to run a scheduled defrag/optimization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pan Demic, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Pan Demic Win User

Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled.

Have a HP laptop running Win 10 Home. Has a SSD drive. Have Disk Defrag scheduled to run weekly. It has yet to run a scheduled defrag/optimization. No error messages, and if I run it manually, it runs as expected. Computer is left plugged in and powered up almost all the time. I have never installed any third-party utility software on this pc that might possibly be conflicting with built-in scheduled tasks. From what I've read about SSD drives optimizing is not a hugedeal as compared to platter drives, but I'm wondering why this is happening - or, not happening. Is there a threshold of fragmentation percentage that has to be met for it to run, or what? PC's only about 3 months old and I haven't put a lot of stuff on it as yet.

:)

Pan Demic, Jan 6, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jan 6, 2020
  3. kthr33 Win User
    Defrag Schedule

In Windows 10, my system is set to defrag weekly. Is it possible to see when during the week it is set to defrag? Some of my people prefer to shut their systems down over night and if the defrag schedule is known, they would know to leave their systems
    on that night. All suggestions, ideas, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

kthr33, Jan 6, 2020
  4. seann33uk Win User

Can not run defrag Error: Storage Optimization cannot start because task scheduler service is not running

Can not run defrag Error: Storage Optimization cannot start because task scheduler service is not running.

Tried running task scheduler that just moans about there being no remote system. Won't let me do anything else.

Defrag still won't run.

Any ideas/suggestions?

seann33uk, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled. - Similar Threads - Disk Defrag running

2. Disk Defrag but task schelduler service is not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Defrag but task schelduler service is not running: help me please i wanna to defrag my disk my there is is an error task schelduler service is not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defrag-but-task-schelduler-service-is-not/2adfb34e-818f-4499-b9cf-71079fc0f58a
  3. Disk Defrag but task schelduler service is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defrag but task schelduler service is not running: help me please i wanna to defrag my disk my there is is an error task schelduler service is not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defrag-but-task-schelduler-service-is-not/2adfb34e-818f-4499-b9cf-71079fc0f58a
  4. Disk Defrag but task schelduler service is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Defragment running on the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  6. Disk Defragment running on the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  7. Disk Defragment Always Runs at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Defragment Always Runs at boot: I'm running windows 10. I am having issues with my disk drive usage being 100%, particularly at boot. One of the culprits is the Disk Defragment. I opened "Defragment and Optimize Drives" and I set a schedule for weekly but have since found that it still runs every time I...
  8. defrag disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    defrag disk: How do I run the disk defrag program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-disk/b78f7054-39ca-4eae-824e-6be83cdfd2c4
  9. Windows 10 disk defrag not there.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 disk defrag not there.: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and two SSD's. I wanted to setup defrag to run trim regularly but disk defrag does not seem to be installed. When I go to the tools of my SSD and click optimize nothing happens and the disk defrag service is not even installed. How can I resolve...
  10. Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue: So i have had this to TRIM my SSD weekly it as such it is scheduled as such [img] Problem being it has NEVER did this weekly daily automatically I will randomly check this and it will say 20 ~40 days since last trim cause that how long it is before i actual check......