Windows 10: Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error

Discus and support Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to extend my C: Drive and make it bigger but whenever I select it and click extend volume and choose the volume size it says "There is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anthonykai, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error

I need to extend my C: Drive and make it bigger but whenever I select it and click extend volume and choose the volume size it says "There is not enough space available no the disk(s) to complete this operation" Link to pictures> ImgurAnyone know how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/Anthonykai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anthonykai, Apr 15, 2020

2. Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Original Title: disk managment

I have unalloted space on hard disk I want to use this to extend volume of c but extend option is not high lighted how can I do this or bring this volume next to c drive

bashirpukhta, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Moose Win User

Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error

Extending volume problems

I cannot extend my volumes in Disk Management or diskpart.exe, the option is greyed out. Is it because the partition is at the end of the disk? If so how to fix?
    The attachment has a screeny.

Moose, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error

1. Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error - Similar Threads - disk Management Extend

2. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  3. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  4. extend volume of the main disk

extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  5. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  6. extend the volume of c disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  7. extend the volume of c disk

extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  8. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  9. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  10. Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows disk Management Extend Volume Error: I need to extend my C: Drive and make it bigger but whenever I select it and click extend volume and choose the volume size it says "There is not enough space available no the disks to complete this operation" Link to pictures>https://imgur.com/gallery/NqeM2Mf Anyone know how...