Windows 10: Windows disk management tool

Discus and support Windows disk management tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I got a new laptop with an Nvme SSD as a boot drive and a spare SATA port for a 2.5" drive, so I put the hard drive of my previous laptop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/W720S, Jan 12, 2021.

1. /u/W720S Win User

Windows disk management tool

Hey guys, I got a new laptop with an Nvme SSD as a boot drive and a spare SATA port for a 2.5" drive, so I put the hard drive of my previous laptop in it and got all of my data out of it so I can format it and make it one partition instead of the 2+ it had since it was a boot drive. I deleted the 2 main partitions so they became none allocated but now when I try to make any of them a new simple partition, it says there's not enough space on the disk while there's literally nothing on it. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/W720S
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/W720S, Jan 12, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows disk management tool :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Windows disk management tool

Accessing Disk Management

Hi Hilary,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the Disk Management on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or some files are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Additionally, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, you
    may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to access the
    Disk Management on your PC.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows disk management tool

1. Windows disk management tool - Similar Threads - disk management tool

2. This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

in Windows 10 News
    This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool: There are tons of third-party partition managers for Windows 10, but as you know, Windows includes its own Disk Management tool hidden in the Control Panel. With Windows 10’s built-in Disk Management tool, you can resize, create, delete and also format partitions. I’ve been...
  3. Free disk management tool.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free disk management tool.: I have a couple things I need to do with the drives I own. I would like to convert a dynamic disk to basic. I also need to extend a drive to an empty volume behind it, hence why I can't do it in the windows tool. Thanks in advance....
  4. A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool: I don't know what to do submitted by /u/Lunix638 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/he27zp/a_usb_memory_not_appears_on_windows_disk/
  5. Windows 10 is getting modern disk partition management tool

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting modern disk partition management tool: If you want to delete the old and create a new partition or extend space of a particular disk, you need to rely on Windows 10’s Disk Management tool. The simplest way to manage your disk partitions on Windows 10 is with the operating system’s built-in Disk Management, which...
  6. Windows Disk Cleanup tool

Windows Disk Cleanup tool: So I recently used the utility disk cleanup tool to free up some space on my laptop. From research online I assumed it was safe to delete the Windows Update Cleanup Files that were taking up about 3 gb of space. First of all when I cleared it, it only freed up about 1 gb of...
  7. disks management

disks management: How to copy a disk (supporting the system) to a new disk ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disks-management/eb9e8035-f255-4735-86b8-8667e49c1414"
  8. Windows Disk Cleanup Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Disk Cleanup Tool: A computer tech told me the Windows Disk Cleanup tool should not be run every day because it causes the read/write heads to work too much and may wear them out. I like to run it every day and wonder what others think? Thanks for any reply, particularly looking for someone...
  9. Disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management: Did and when did Disk Management stop showing all partitions ? Here's my example, it's another SSD that contains my other W10 installation. This is a look from Skippy for instance: [img] Same disk from Easus Partition master: [img] BOOT drive with C: shows right way but...
  10. Disk Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management: I open Disk Management and I receive the message: "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service" how do I fix this problem? The machine is a Dell Desktop XPS-8700 Windows 10 Pro Version:1803 OS Build 17134.228 Installed on 05/05/2018...