Windows 10: Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so

Discus and support Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been going on for the past few months. But l want to find a fix. After about 2 hours after turning on my computer. My computer's display goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobNobody, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so

This has been going on for the past few months. But l want to find a fix. After about 2 hours after turning on my computer. My computer's display goes black. Everything else is working fine though.

I've heard you need to update display drivers. However according to my computer they are up to date

:)

JacobNobody, May 20, 2020
  2. Charlezj Win User

dark display

since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my display goes dark when I plug in my power adapter, any ideas?

Charlezj, May 20, 2020
  3. Screen goes dark with the mouse cursor Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Also, let's try these below methods and check, if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. Follow these steps below:

1. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

2. Select “System and Security”.

3. Select “Power” option.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Display Driver and check. Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display Driver from the Device Manager:

a. Click on Start icon.

b. Select “Device Manager”.

c. Locate and expand “Display adapter”

d. Right-click on the “Display Device" and click on “uninstall”.

e. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so

computer screen goes dark

Unfortunately my computer won't stay on long enough to try the suggestion. It just goes dark with no warning, can't get it to stay on for more than about 5 minutes.

kimhawkeye, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so

1. Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so - Similar Threads - display goes dark

2. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  3. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  4. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  5. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  6. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Update stuck at 20% for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at 20% for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error?* Original title: This has been going on for about 2 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-20-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  8. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  9. SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update: after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver. Brightness stuck on 100% No camera found it is built in No windows hello since no camera Battery drains 70% faster due to...
  10. Windows screen goes black after about an hour or so

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows screen goes black after about an hour or so: Hi so I was editing a project today and mid way through rendering. I find out it stops. No problem. Just relaunch the software. Right? Well I couldn't because my PC's screen suddenly went black with just a mouse curser. I've had this issue earlier today and I have no idea how...