Windows 10: windows display language and mouse settings being reset

Discus and support windows display language and mouse settings being reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have two different problems on windows 10 first of all i have windows 10 pro and i'm using a desktop not a laptop so first problem: i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EvilNeo, Nov 27, 2015.

1. EvilNeo Win User

windows display language and mouse settings being reset

i have two different problems on windows 10
    first of all i have windows 10 pro and i'm using a desktop not a laptop

so first problem:
    i want to change the windows display language for a friend from English to Arabic he also uses the same windows version as i am, I've followed the tutorial posted here on this website but i see "set as default" button instead of "set as primary" button when i press at the language i want to be the display language for the windows
    so when i try and press at the "set as default language" button on the Arabic language it moves up to be the at the top of the installed languages BUT this message does not appear "will be display language the next time you sign-in", therefore after re-signing in the windows language remains the same (English) but the priority of the writing language changes to be Arabic as default

second problem:
    for problems i have within my mouse i need to change normal windows mouse settings particularly a specific setting which is "Roll the mouse wheel to scroll" from "one screen at a time" to "multiple lines at a time"
    as well as changing how many lines to scroll each time from 3 to 2

by changing these settings everything goes well BUT when restarting windows these settings return to default and the changes were not to be saved, how can i prevent windows from resetting these settings each time i shutdown or restart the windows?

:)

EvilNeo, Nov 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Display settings being reset daily

Please read
    this wiki
    to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Display settings being reset daily

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my work machine. Every morning, when I come in to work, the programs and file folders on my desktop have been both enlarged, or scaled way up, and rearranged. When I open the display settings, the slide bar labeled
    "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is set at the minimum of 100%. In order to return the desktop items to their correct size, I have to slide this setting over to the maximum amount of 175%, and then back down to 100%. Unfortunately, when I do
    this, they remain rearranged. How can I stop this from happening?

phillin311, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

windows display language and mouse settings being reset

1. windows display language and mouse settings being reset - Similar Threads - display language mouse

2. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  3. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  4. windows display language settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows display language settings: Hi, I am unable to Change My Display Language in windows 10 Home Single language OS version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-display-language-settings/d7ab7daf-8fb7-49bc-a584-833623771940
  5. Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings: Hello all I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language" [img] however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language. English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display...
  6. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  7. Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10

Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10: Hello. I have a problem concerning the display language of Windows 10. When I first bought my laptop in 2016, it was set up to the French (France) language by default, but I changed it to English (United States) and everything was fine till the Windows 10 October 2018...
  8. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"
  9. Reset display settings

Reset display settings: I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too short. Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended...
  10. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....