Windows 10: windows display name

Discus and support windows display name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello! i changed my display name for my windows sign in screen. it wont sync even tho i turned on "Sync all settings" in the settings app. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by alliv2, Apr 21, 2021.

1. alliv2 Win User

windows display name

hello! i changed my display name for my windows sign in screen. it wont sync even tho i turned on "Sync all settings" in the settings app. Can someone please help?

:)

alliv2, Apr 21, 2021

2. Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, Apr 21, 2021
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Apr 21, 2021
  4. windows display name

My name is wrongly displayed in "To" address

Hi,

There is a possibility that your email address was already added to your contacts using a different name. To address this issue, let us look into your People app to update the entry. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key and click All apps.
    • Locate the People app and click it.
    • Search for the wrong display name.
    • When the name appears, right-click anywhere on the screen, then click
      Edit
    • Input the correct name, then click Save.

Once done, try sending an email and let's see if the display name has been updated.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

windows display name

1. windows display name - Similar Threads - display name

2. native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?: My Gmail is not sending with my name from the app. it says group admin which doesnt help my recipient to know its me sending them an email. How can this be solved?...
  3. How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?: Also known as "Send your messages using this name".It doesn't have this option for either of my Gmail accounts:Whenever I send an email from any of my three email accounts in the app, it has the display name as "David". This is fine for two of my accounts, but I don't want...
  4. Windows Mail app display name bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app display name bug: I have an exchange account and two gmail accounts in my Windows Mail app inboxes aren't linked. Whenever I try to send mail from either of my gmail accounts using the app, it is sent under the display name from my exchange account. This problem only occurs when using the mail...
  5. Wrong profile name displayed

Wrong profile name displayed: Hi, i noticed at times that windows has my son's name listed with his email for example at the top of the settings dashboard? Is that because he has somewhere logged in to his microsoft account on my desktop. How do i get rid of this and display my own details? Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 pinned taskbar items display name and 2.

Windows 10 pinned taskbar items display name and 2.: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Whilst doing particularly nothing and the mouse pointer just hovering randomly somewhere on the taskbar for the first time I noticed the name of the tile is followed by 2. Only on tiles I have installed not system tiles like this computer, notepad...
  7. Its is possible to change my display name? Short question

Its is possible to change my display name? Short question: How do i change my display name? i would like to change it :D its my dads name,idk if my dads still use this account of microsoft store,but if not i would like to change to a other name or my own,Its is possible to change my display name? sorry for the wrong topic ,i didn't...
  8. File Explorer Displaying Shortened File Name

File Explorer Displaying Shortened File Name: I am trying to open some .tif files through Windows File Explorer and when it opens the complete file name does not show up instead it is like a shortened version..I have tried going into the registry editor and change the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to 1 but it still isn't...
  9. New update broke folder/file names display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update broke folder/file names display?: [ATTACH] half a question, half request for help. Installed the new update an no long or multiple word file/folder names get cut off mid word and dropped down to the next line, picture example provided (sorry for foreign languages). any help anyone can provide on the...
  10. All the icons display full name and I cant make it stop!!!

All the icons display full name and I cant make it stop!!!: Please help me! all of the icons on my screen show the full name not just a little bit than... example instead of Minecraft... it says Minecraft launcher and I cannot figure out how to fix this problem. I looked online but it seems that no one has found a fix for this...