Windows 10: Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count

Discus and support Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.After almost 4 years of using my old laptop, I have recently upgraded to a new laptop with a larger screen. On my previous device, the "Scale and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jgwitherill, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count

Hello.After almost 4 years of using my old laptop, I have recently upgraded to a new laptop with a larger screen. On my previous device, the "Scale and layout" setting was set to 100% as was recommended, while on the new device, it is set to 125% as is recommended. Upon opening my Excel documents that I transferred to the new computer, I noticed that the row widths and column widths have changed due to the scaling change. This change has massively impacted the layouts of all of my previous Excel worksheets which are very numerous in quantity to the point where anything that was designed

:)

jgwitherill, Jul 11, 2021

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 11, 2021
  3. LorenWard Win User
    I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

• Using File Explorer, I navigated to the folder I wanted to view the file counts, I right clicked on the column labels and chose File Count.
    • This is occurring on any folder when I try to use the File Count column
    • I currently use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    • I also tried changing the View to Detail Pane, that did not make any difference.

LorenWard, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count

Convert one column into a new column every 10 rows in Excel

I have a set of 110 numbers in Excel. I want to split this into 11 columns of 10 rows each.

So, for column:

I want the output to be:

What I've tried so far

1. Assigned =A11 in B1, =A21 in C1, =A31 in D1 and then used the autofill. However, this gives the formula =D11 in E1 and hence doesn't work.
    2. Using Text to Columns wizard. This only provides for splitting of data for delimiter and there is now way of splitting based on number of rows.

The most similar question I've found is here where the goal is the opposite of mine (combining multiple columns into a single one).

This and this solve a similar problem but they copy the data row wise.

This question attempts the same problem in R.

I know this can be solved using a library like pandas, but I think there should be an easy way of doing it in Excel too.

BenKenobi007, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count

1. Windows Display Scaling Changes Excel Column and Row Count - Similar Threads - Display Scaling Changes

2. Reorder of rows and columns of matrix in power bi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reorder of rows and columns of matrix in power bi: Hello, I have a data in my matrix table. I have data in my column and row which is in alphabetical order, but I need to reorder the rows and the columns in my power bi desktop which is not in the alphabetical order. How do I reorder the matrix rows and columns?...
  3. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  5. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Excel scaling problem

Excel scaling problem: With the updated download, I cannot get Excel to scale to one page or scale at all. I have been using this option for years so what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-scaling-problem/4808f5c3-df70-4875-9121-7d1722615f6b
  7. How to display file count in a column in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display file count in a column in explorer: Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grn5xj/how_to_display_file_count_in_a_column_in_explorer/
  8. Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows

Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows: Hello, I have an issue with the autoarrange of icons on the desktop. I like to organized my icons in rows and have several rows with different grouped icons. However, when I download new files to my desktop, their icons are automatically arranged in columns on the desktop,...
  9. Excel spaces between rows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spaces between rows: Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed and I end up with a col of names with...
  10. Entering row in Excel - error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Entering row in Excel - error: [img] Hello all, So I'm trying to put together a table in Excel which i managed to do, however I need insert 3 lines at the top of the table(above the head of the tabel), but Excel won't allow it. Is anybody familiar with this sort of error? I've been browsing online...