Windows 10: Windows display settings not working

Discus and support Windows display settings not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open display settings it throws the following error. I have tries every possible things by now and nothing has worked. Please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FARHANRASOOL, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows display settings not working

Whenever I try to open display settings it throws the following error. I have tries every possible things by now and nothing has worked. Please help me to solve the following issue as I can't access my display settings anymore and I am not into resetting my windows as I don't want to loose my data and files stored in my laptop. Windows display settings not working b5196cbf-82c4-4d54-9e3e-cc068107b37e?upload=true.png

:)

FARHANRASOOL, Sep 3, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Cobra-CRU Win User

Windows display settings not working

Dual display in main window for SLI/Crossfire

W1z,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing such an excellent tool.

After using it for few days, I would like to make a suggestion or two, if you agree that they would be useful.

Would it be possible to move the 'Use Device' list box to the main window, or even better, display the clock settings for both cards on the main window if SLI/Crossfire are enabled?

Also, adding the ability to save both cards clock/fan settings in a single profile would be a welcome addition so that both cards can be OC'ed on startup.

Thanks again!

Cobra-CRU, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows display settings not working

1. Windows display settings not working - Similar Threads - display settings working

2. windows display settings will not display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows display settings will not display: When attempting to access display settings either from settings app it freezes or from desktop it appears blank. How do I fix it?I have tried repairing settings and resetting without success. Also dxdiag does not even show a display tab....
  3. windows display settings will not display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows display settings will not display: When attempting to access display settings either from settings app it freezes or from desktop it appears blank. How do I fix it?I have tried repairing settings and resetting without success. Also dxdiag does not even show a display tab....
  4. Display Settings and Personalise not working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Settings and Personalise not working...: Hi Everyone, When I open any settings submenu, for example the desktop right click Personalise and Display Settings or the Clock's Date and Time Settings, the settings app quickly comes up then closes instantly. When I type ms-settings:display or ms-settings:personalise into...
  5. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......
  6. Display Settings Not Working

Display Settings Not Working: Help Display settings isn't working at all it worked before but now it doesn't I have tried sfc \scannow and creating a new user but still nothing works all it does is open settings and show me the blue window with a gear when i try to open it from settings it gets stuck and...
  7. Display settings don't work

Display settings don't work: When I open Settings on my PC, all settings work fine except Display settings. Whenever i click on that box showing Display,Sound, Notifications, Power it just hangs for 3-4 seconds and then closes the settings app. Why? It never allows me to change settings regarding...
  8. Display settings not working

Display settings not working: hi i have a problem with windows on my imac. It is stuck on portrait and wont change back how do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-not-working/9af5e806-21a5-4c5b-8a0c-2363fd6f3599
  9. Display Settings not working

Display Settings not working: So my computer screen is always unnecessarily bright, and today I went to turn down my brightness, and I can't. The brightness setting doesn't show up under the display settings section, so I can't turn it down. And the settings help and Cortana have told me I can't do...
  10. Display settings don't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display settings don't work: I go to the desktop. Right click select Display Settings Click on Advanced Display Options. I get a window with a big 1 on top. And three gray buttons that say: 1.) 1366 x 768 (Recommended) v 2.) Apply 3.) Cancel None of these buttons do anything. Clicking ,...