Windows 10: Windows displays things in two languages. Help!

Discus and support Windows displays things in two languages. Help! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I install a new language keyboard, windows keeps autochanging it to default, even though I set the new language on a lower priority. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuchaBodas, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows displays things in two languages. Help!

Everytime I install a new language keyboard, windows keeps autochanging it to default, even though I set the new language on a lower priority. So whenever I want to switch back to my preferred language/keyboard (English Indian), I have to remove the new language (telugu, in this case). And then this happens. Some things are in English and some in Telugu. Now the only installed keyboard and language in settings is ENG IN. But that hasn't updated in the shortcut in the bottom right corner. And inspite of ENG IN being selected everywhere, Telugu is somehow displayed. This happens often. Please help.

Windows displays things in two languages. Help! c6f99fad-5637-4125-a163-16155671fc5f?upload=true.png

:)

RuchaBodas, Feb 15, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 15, 2019
  3. change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Windows displays things in two languages. Help!

Windows display language difficulties

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while trying to add English language?

2) What is the default language set on your computer?

I suggest you try below steps to add English language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows displays things in two languages. Help!

1. Windows displays things in two languages. Help! - Similar Threads - displays things languages

2. Two displays help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two displays help: I just connected a second display and both displays show the disktop but the pointer arrow will only work on display. It will not move to the second display. Any suggestions. Thank you....
  3. Two displays help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two displays help: I just connected a second display and both displays show the disktop but the pointer arrow will only work on display. It will not move to the second display. Any suggestions. Thank you....
  4. Two displays help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two things . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two things . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, external headphones. Plugged into,my computer. What I, want to know, is. How do I, equalize the sound?treble up, bass down, etc.I also, wanted to know. How do I, adjust the balance.Between the left, and the right...
  6. Two things . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two things . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, external headphones. Plugged into,my computer. What I, want to know, is. How do I, equalize the sound?treble up, bass down, etc.I also, wanted to know. How do I, adjust the balance.Between the left, and the right...
  7. Two things . . .

8. Windows is displaying in two languages

Windows is displaying in two languages: I recently installed the Russian language pack as well as the Simplified Chinese, China pack and both the Russian and Chinese packs seem to have this problem. They both display half in either Russian or Chinese, and half in English. I really have no clue why, as every other...
  9. Two Important Things

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Important Things: To the community of Windows 10 that I found out from Intel. The first one is on "Overclocking". It doesn't matter if you have a warranty (Intel's is 3 years) or not, if you Overclock your CPU (even tho it has a "K" at the end of the processor or not), it will still void the...
  10. Two Things . . .

Two Things . . .: I'm running windows 10 pro. What I need to to know is. How do you take a screenshot? To be able to take many and store them somewhere? My other Question is . . . I see people talk to each other. With video. Seeing each other on the screen, What application, does that? And...