Windows 10: Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

Discus and support Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyClockBroke, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

Hi there,

I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time exactly 6 hours ahead of my local time. I've changed the time zone to the correct time zone and it seems to display the proper time zone in the settings, except with the wrong time on the clock when I reboot.

The only way to get my laptop to display time accurately is to turn on and off the automatic time button in the date and time settings or to manually fill in the right time. This however only works until the laptop is rebooted again.

I've tried nearly every solution I could find so far. I've noticed however that my windows time service defaults to manual. I've changed this various times, yet the issue persists and it's still stuck on manual, sometimes the service is switched off entirely.

I've also check out the internet time tab. I've tried synchronizing it, which worked for the moment but not after another reboot. I've tried using another time server, no succes there either...

I have my location on and I even turned off the automatic time zone update, nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do to make my clock work properly upon reboot?

:)

MyClockBroke, Aug 27, 2019
  2. SiSig_ Win User

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Aug 27, 2019
  3. emyjoe Win User
    Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

@signus21 yes the BIOS does have the correct time.

Well, I had this problem ever since I got this PC, that is a few days ago. Being the PC brand new, I exclude the fact that the CMOS battery ran out. Moreover, I had this issue prior to dual booting and, therefore, also exclude Ubuntu as a cause. Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

By the way I found a solution to my issue in another forum where they directed me to this wiki. I put the links so other users in my situation can hopefully solve this ussue. I fixed the registry as suggested adding a QWORD (for 64-bit system) with value 1. More info on the procedure in the link to the wiki. Now time is fine both in Windows and Ubuntu.
    I am now marking this thread as solved. *Party

emyjoe, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

1. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot - Similar Threads - Displays Wrong every

2. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Time is wrong after reboot Win11: Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Time is wrong after reboot Win11: Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.: Laptop + PC time wrongIm pretty tilted but i dont know how to resolve this problem.Im in Canada, my time zone is correct. The time is 7:40, pc says its 4:40. I have changed date time settings, windows key+ r services, looked through bios, enabled auto sync, turned service on...
  5. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  6. Every time I reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I reboot...: Every single time I reboot, my laptop resets itself to the default Windows 10 settings and logs me out of OneDrive, I have to set up my Outlook accounts all over again, I have to change all of my default apps, etc.Help, I'm going crazy with this....
  7. Trojan:Win32/Starter.R at every restart and several times after reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan:Win32/Starter.R at every restart and several times after reboot: Whenever I start the computer, Windows Defender detects Trojan:Win32/Starter.R and this happens several times after, without restarting also. So far no anti-virus program was able to find a virus or trojan. Windows Defender gives me the info below: CmdLine:...
  8. Display driver breaks after every reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver breaks after every reboot: Since the upgrade that Microsoft forced down my throat a couple weeks ago, my display drivers have not worked. One of them is Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, and the other is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver. We managed to fix one of the drivers (the Intel one) using DriverEasy....
  9. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot: Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing the time to correct which it does, but when you restart the tablet, it always goes back to the wrong time. This happens...
  10. Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time displayed in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.321, installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6. My displayed time is always 2h behind. The time is set to sync automatically. The time zone is set to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna. Daylight savings time is...