Windows 10: Windows DNS Problems

Discus and support Windows DNS Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All,I am setting up a file server for a small business. It needs to be accessible remotely as well as on site. I have purchased the domain name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobBurgess4, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Windows DNS Problems

Hello All,I am setting up a file server for a small business. It needs to be accessible remotely as well as on site. I have purchased the domain name and set that up for remote access. I have also set up on the same box a DNS server so that when computers are on the local network, the DNS will direct requests to that URL to the local network address.The DNS server appears to be working, but my windows machines are not using it. I have set its local IP, 192.168.1.5, as the first choice DNS server on both the router and tried setting it manually on individual PCs.When I try nslookup example.comI

:)

BobBurgess4, Jul 8, 2021

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 8, 2021
  3. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Windows DNS Problems

Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows DNS Problems

1. Windows DNS Problems - Similar Threads - DNS Problems

2. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.: Hi all, Ive got a challenge here !my pc is HP elite desk, running win 10 pro i7 . recently a lot of problems with edge not wanting to start up, and when it did, took a long time to load.am also getting lots of modem problems I am on BB cable INet via NBN AUS with TPG as...
  3. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.: Hi all, Ive got a challenge here !my pc is HP elite desk, running win 10 pro i7 . recently a lot of problems with edge not wanting to start up, and when it did, took a long time to load.am also getting lots of modem problems I am on BB cable INet via NBN AUS with TPG as...
  4. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  6. DNS problem

DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  7. Problem with DNS after connecting second Win10 Device to one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DNS after connecting second Win10 Device to one account: Hi,I shared this bug using Win+F 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, they haven't replied yet.But the issue appeared again, so I have to use this resource.I have a Win10 account, it was launched on my PC. I relocated, taking a notebook wind 10 of my relative. So we swopped devices....
  8. Problem with DNS after connecting second Win10 Device to one account

Problem with DNS after connecting second Win10 Device to one account: Hi,I shared this bug using Win+F 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, they haven't replied yet.But the issue appeared again, so I have to use this resource.I have a Win10 account, it was launched on my PC. I relocated, taking a notebook wind 10 of my relative. So we swopped devices....
  9. Problem with DNS after connecting second Win10 Device to one account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Flush DNS Cache Problem

Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...