Windows 10: Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

Discus and support Windows do not restrict screen time for child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! Screen time report shows 4+ hours of use, but in screen time limit I set up only 2 hours. What's wrong with my family settings? Why child can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Michael Eskov, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

Hi!

Screen time report shows 4+ hours of use, but in screen time limit I set up only 2 hours. What's wrong with my family settings? Why child can exceed screen time limit?

Windows do not restrict screen time for child account 47cfaa61-58a8-49dc-a164-29574fd0f380?upload=true.jpg Windows do not restrict screen time for child account 554926f0-9337-479a-a638-a0bfd35aecfd?upload=true.jpg

:)

Michael Eskov, Jun 19, 2019

2. Problem changing linked child's screen time limits/restrictions

Is anybody else having trouble with adjusting screen time limits for their children on their account?

When I try to adjust the screen time for my child it DOESN'T ACTUALLY CHANGE and my child is still locked out from his Windows user login.

I have also tried switching the restrictions slider to 'OFF' but even then the changes are not applied and my child is still locked out from his Windows user login as if restrictions are 'ON', but they are not.

It's been like this for about a month.

Prior to this problem, adjusting screen time and restrictions happened almost instantly now it doesn't happen at all.

Anybody else affected?

EvelynMorton, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

Screen time of a child account switches off

Hi,

I realize that the screen time of a child account switches off in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?

I suggest you to remove all the child accounts first and
    re-add them and check
    if it helps resolving the issue.

Refer: Set up family features

I also suggest you to delete the Child account and create a new and re-add the account in Family.

Refer: Add a child account to your family

If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, you can try running the
    Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter

It's an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. It's only available in English, but will work in all languages.

Please post to us if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

1. Windows do not restrict screen time for child account - Similar Threads - restrict screen child

2. Screen time restrictions not updating

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time restrictions not updating: So on a few of our computers accounts that have screen time restrictions, when screen time is added or disabled, they don't take any notice. For example, with about 6 minutes left, a request gets accepted for 15 more minutes, and the computer takes no notice. Turning off...
  3. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  4. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  5. Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts: OK. So, I've been using Screen Time schedules and hours for all of my children's accounts for over a year, and occasionally things get messed up, and these are my observations so far: If the account gets locked because of Screen Time limitations, and the child who is...
  6. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  7. Screen Time Restrictions Issue

Screen Time Restrictions Issue: I am trying to turn off screen time restrictions for my 17 year old child, but when I do, it still makes him ask for permission when using only Google Chrome. He can use Edge or anything else except Chrome. I would like the screen time restrictions to be off completely....
  8. Child account restrictions not working on windows 10 for ARM

Child account restrictions not working on windows 10 for ARM: I have an Asus ARM tablet that I got for my son and have another Asus laptop x64 for him to use for homework and a little entertainment. I set them both up identically, I logged in with my parent account, added the child account and logged in has him. On the laptop, all the...
  9. Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??: Hi everyone, I've noticed the following issue, and wanted to know if anyone had a solution. Using family controls, you can block access to certain websites, but this only works for Microsoft edge. You have the option to block certain other browsers, but there's no option to...
  10. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...