Windows 10: Windows documentation?

Discus and support Windows documentation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there some sort of (hopefully detailed) documentation for Windows anywhere to be found? I am building a new machine and while I'm waiting for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unifex, Dec 22, 2020.

1. unifex Win User

Windows documentation?

Is there some sort of (hopefully detailed) documentation for Windows anywhere to be found?

I am building a new machine and while I'm waiting for some parts to be delivered, I am gathering my software and license keys and all that. With the new machine I will be forced to make a complete transition to Windows 10 (previously I used it only for my own education, my primary working machine has been Windows 7). One thing that irritates me about Windows 10 is that every little routine wants to access the internet all the time. Perhaps I am getting old (which I am), but I want to control which routine connects the internet, when, and for what purpose. I control this by using a firewall (ESET in my case) which reports to me when something on my machine wants to access the net (originally the firewall was to keep outside intrusions at bay, but lately it's the other way around). If it's a program I know (such as Word) than I can easily make a decision (e.g., Word should not be accessing the net on a daily basis, maybe once a few months when I'm searching for a new template). But there are lots of cryptically called "system programs" that try accessing the net all the time and I have no idea what they are and what is going to happen if I block them. Searching the net each time this happens takes too much time and effort, therefore I'd like to have a single reference resource, where I could check whenever I have a question like that, hence the question above.

:)

unifex, Dec 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 22, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows documentation?

Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows documentation?

1. Windows documentation? - Similar Threads - documentation

2. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  3. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  4. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  5. Double click does not open documents

Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  6. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  8. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  9. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  10. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...