Windows 10: Windows does no detect my second monitor

Discus and support Windows does no detect my second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DayColor, Oct 3, 2018.

1. DayColor Win User

Windows does no detect my second monitor

Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to 4K 30hz. The better cable wouldn't work. I tried connecting it to both my monitors and my TV screen but it wouldn't show anything on it, it only detects it on the Display settings. My father took it to his work where it did work without any special modifications, we've also tried connecting this cable to a linux box which also worked. But when I tried to connect it to my same monitor from my laptop it wouldn't function (both of my screens wouldn't). There shouldn't be any problem with the monitor itself since the other cable and another DVI to HDMI cable worked with it just fine. The monitor itself should run 4K 60hz. Some more information: Windows Version: 10 pro 64x. Graphics Card: ASUS geforce gtx 1060 6gb RAM. Monitor: LG 24UD58 24 inch. Thank you so much for reading, I hope that we could find a solution!

:)

DayColor, Oct 3, 2018

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Windows 10 can't detect my second monitor

Thank you for confirming. We can do the following:

When the second monitor is not detected, we need to isolate if it's the monitor, the cable connecting them, or the port. We suggest that you remove your 1st monitor, then use the 2nd monitor as your 1st monitor. After that, connect the 1st monitor as the
    2nd monitor.

Usually, this it's driver-related. Windows 10 won't be able to detect the 2nd monitor if the monitor driver is out of date or faulty. We recommend, rolling back to the previous installed graphics driver and monitor driver if it updated. Otherwise, update your
    graphics and monitor drivers on the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • When the Device Manager window appears, click the Display adapters and right-click the item below.
    • Select Properties, then Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Expand the Monitors, then right-click the second monitor and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, update the drivers. You can manually update the driver by visiting the websites of your graphics card and monitor manufacturers to get the fully compatible drivers for Windows 10. You can run the Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware
    to automatically check for driver updates. Additionally, we'd like to know the make and model of your graphics cards and monitor?

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows does no detect my second monitor - Similar Threads - does detect second

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I have problem after Windows 11 installation [with second monitor not being detected]. I noticed this after the 22H2 update. I have tried all options above.The same laptop, same hdmi port, same cable works with a brand new ASUS monitor we purchased....
  5. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  6. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  7. Does not detect second monitor

Does not detect second monitor: I have two identical monitors Acer 240H, but lately one screen comes on but then shows "No Signal."I've read that this can be an issue, and have overcome the issue a few times, but now can't find the info or get it to see or detect my second monitor. I have an HP Omen the...
  8. Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop

Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop: Hello, I plugged in a new second monitor and it does actually reflect my laptop screen i.e. I am seeing my laptop in the monitor, but I am not able to split the screen in two because it does not appear in the display settings settings/system/display. When pressing "detect" in...
  9. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  10. Windows 10 Does not detect second monitor on startup

Windows 10 Does not detect second monitor on startup: Dell Inspiron running two monitors through docking station. Om startup, the second monitor is not detected. However, if I put the system to sleep and then wake it, the second monitor is detected and works. All drivers are up to date. Display settings for the second...