Windows 10: Windows does no display on my second monitor

Discus and support Windows does no display on my second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DayColor, Oct 3, 2018.

1. DayColor Win User

Windows does no display on my second monitor

Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to 4K 30hz. The better cable wouldn't work. I tried connecting it to both my monitors and my TV screen but it wouldn't show anything on it, it only detects it on the Display settings. My father took it to his work where it did work without any special modifications, we've also tried connecting this cable to a linux box which also worked. But when I tried to connect it to my same monitor from my laptop it wouldn't function (both of my screens wouldn't). There shouldn't be any problem with the monitor itself since the other cable and another DVI to HDMI cable worked with it just fine. The monitor itself should run 4K 60hz. Some more information: Windows Version: 10 pro 64x. Graphics Card: ASUS geforce gtx 1060 6gb RAM. Monitor: LG 24UD58 24 inch. Thank you so much for reading, I hope that we could find a solution!

:)

DayColor, Oct 3, 2018

2. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 5, 2018
  3. windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Windows does no display on my second monitor

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows does no display on my second monitor

1. Windows does no display on my second monitor - Similar Threads - does display second

2. Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor: Hi windows help folk.I am having issues displaying multiple monitors on windows 11. I have verified that both monitors will display fine on a windows 10 and both cables are working correctly. I have updated my Nvidia drivers, display drivers, tried multiple ports, adjusted hz...
  3. Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor: Hi windows help folk.I am having issues displaying multiple monitors on windows 11. I have verified that both monitors will display fine on a windows 10 and both cables are working correctly. I have updated my Nvidia drivers, display drivers, tried multiple ports, adjusted hz...
  4. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  5. Second monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  6. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  7. Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...: This just started happening recently after I updated Windows and my graphics driver. When I shutdown the computer and turn it back on, I am not able to see the display on my second monitor. But with only one monitor working, if I click restart, the computer reboots and now...
  8. my second monitor does not display taskbar tray icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my second monitor does not display taskbar tray icons?: I mean the bunch of little system icons in the bottom right. the action center is missing as well. I've never had this issue, on my other PC the taskbar is perfectly duplicated. I am on w10 pro 1909. I have the "show taskbar on all monitors" enabled. I see no option for the...
  9. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  10. Windows does no detect my second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows does no detect my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...