Windows 10: Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

Discus and support Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 8GB run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 pro 1909 will not boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsuruRaveeN, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

My laptop Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 8GB run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 pro 1909 will not boot up blank screen after I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features after SVM is enabled in BIOS. I have to hard shut down, F2 into BIOS to disable SVM in order to boot into Desktop properly.

Strange enough, if I just enable SVM in BIOS but not the Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Feature, it does boot.

Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks.

*Moved from feedback forums*

:)

IsuruRaveeN, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

My laptop (Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4-2666 run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 Education 1809) will not boot up (blank screen) after I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features
    after SVM is enabled in BIOS. I have to hard shut down, F2 into BIOS to disable SVM in order to boot into Desktop properly.

Strange enough, if I just enable SVM in BIOS but not the Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Feature, it does boot.

Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks.

FranceTYing, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

Updated to the latest BIOS and AMD Chipset Driver. However, it is still the same result if I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features after SVM is enabled in BIOS.

Another thing to mention that I also unable to get the latest Windows 10 1903 update
    Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled 74669bfd-dd29-4e5c-addc-f7882db4b2eb?upload=true.png

FranceTYing, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?

Is somebody maintaining a list of things that stop Windows from booting when the Windows Hypervisor is installed ?

Beyond the obvious "CPU does not have virtualization, or the BIOS doesn't have the virtualization instructions turned on". Which afaik tends to keep Windows working, just the Hypervisor cannot start.

Trying to help someone with an older Geforce 7025 & nForce 630a based system: "Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS." : bashonubuntuonwindows

But information is scarce how to debug this.

Henk Poley, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

1. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled - Similar Threads - does boot Hypervisor

2. Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot: I need to enable secure boot but whenever I go into BIOS and enable it, windows does not boot up and always goes into automatic repair.I have Windows installed on my SSD but whenever I go into the boot menu after enabling secure boot, the SSD no longer shows up as an option...
  3. Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot: I need to enable secure boot but whenever I go into BIOS and enable it, windows does not boot up and always goes into automatic repair.I have Windows installed on my SSD but whenever I go into the boot menu after enabling secure boot, the SSD no longer shows up as an option...
  4. Windows Hypervisor Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hypervisor Platform: What features does Windows Hypervisor Platform enable/on in Windows 10 Home. Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Turn Windows features on or off --> Windows Hypervisor Platform...
  5. Windows Hypervisor Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hypervisor Platform: What features does Windows Hypervisor Platform enable/on in Windows 10 Home. Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Turn Windows features on or off --> Windows Hypervisor Platform...
  6. Windows Hypervisor Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled: [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hypervisor Platform using the Windows Features section, and the computer […] This article Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  9. My Windows 10 stuck at black screen at boot after enabling Hypervisor.

My Windows 10 stuck at black screen at boot after enabling Hypervisor.: i enabled hypervisor for using android studio emulator. But after that my windows 10 got stuck in black boot screen. I had to turn hypervisor off from safe mode in order to boot my pc again. Is there any way i can use hypervisor on my pc? System information: OS Name...
  10. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled: My laptop (Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4-2666 run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 Education 1809) will not boot up (blank screen) after I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features after SVM is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual machine platform and hypervisor platform windows boot hang