Windows 10: Windows does not detect second montitor after update.

Discus and support Windows does not detect second montitor after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 last night and today my pc is no longer detecting my second monitor. I've tried removing the video driver and reinstalling it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slap_shot_12, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Windows does not detect second montitor after update.

I updated Windows 10 last night and today my pc is no longer detecting my second monitor.

I've tried removing the video driver and reinstalling it.

I've tried removing the first monitor from the device list and when i restart it detects the first monitor but not the second.

What else can I try?

:)

slap_shot_12, Nov 13, 2019

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Siddhagod Win User

Windows does not detect second montitor after update.

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows does not detect second montitor after update.

1. Windows does not detect second montitor after update. - Similar Threads - does detect second

2. Windows does not detect second display after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not detect second display after windows update.: All drivers are freshly installed and up to date. Graphics card is barely a year old and all cables also checked. The monitor thats not detected does work also.Everything worked until 2days ago when windows updated and now windows does not detect the second display.Please...
  3. Windows does not detect second display after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not detect second display after windows update.: All drivers are freshly installed and up to date. Graphics card is barely a year old and all cables also checked. The monitor thats not detected does work also.Everything worked until 2days ago when windows updated and now windows does not detect the second display.Please...
  4. Windows does not detect second display after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does not detect second monitor

Does not detect second monitor: I have two identical monitors Acer 240H, but lately one screen comes on but then shows "No Signal."I've read that this can be an issue, and have overcome the issue a few times, but now can't find the info or get it to see or detect my second monitor. I have an HP Omen the...
  6. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit and now my second monitor is not working, the second monitor is connected from a vga to displayport adapter and it worked fine in windows 7. I tired using the force detect but it still can't be detected and i have the latest graphics...
  7. External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update

External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update: Hello All! I have a new HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop and a Dell s 2740 external monitor. I restarted my machine and the bios updated happened automatically. Once it happened, I could not use my Dell monitor at all. It says "there is no signal coming from your...
  8. Montitor Buttons

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Montitor Buttons: Thank you for reading. I have an Auria brand monitor, I think the model is LJ230. I am using Windows 10. The physical function buttons are small, located on the side. The power button the bottom is becoming a problem. This button from day one was always "Fussy". To turn...
  9. Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  10. Windows does no detect my second monitor

Windows does no detect my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...