Windows 10: Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

Discus and support Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Team, There are 3 laptops in the house and 2 of them and all mobiles phone are all working fine with the wifi routers. No issues in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SreejithK Kurup, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

Hi Microsoft Team,

There are 3 laptops in the house and 2 of them and all mobiles phone are all working fine with the wifi routers. No issues in connecting to the internet with these devices.

Only one of the laptop shows this message "Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate" when i try to connect to any website. I tried checking which certificate is causing the issue and here are the details - Its is clear that its a laptop specific problem.

It says:-

Issued to : mediarouter.home

Issued by : root.home

Any clue how can i get to resolve this and connect this laptop also to the wifi router.

Regards

Sreejith

:)

SreejithK Kurup, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Aug 30, 2020
  3. security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

1. Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate - Similar Threads - does enough information

2. Does Kerberos S4U with a certificate verify the certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Kerberos S4U with a certificate verify the certificate: We are attempting verify an Active Directory machine account, using Kerberos S4U with a Certificate.The client sends the public part of a provisioned certificate to a remote server. The server then attempts to locate the machine account using Kerberos S4U with the public...
  3. Does Kerberos S4U with a certificate verify the certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Kerberos S4U with a certificate verify the certificate: We are attempting verify an Active Directory machine account, using Kerberos S4U with a Certificate.The client sends the public part of a provisioned certificate to a remote server. The server then attempts to locate the machine account using Kerberos S4U with the public...
  4. Windows does not have enough information to verify this Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not have enough information to verify this Certificate: Hi, As posted in above screenshot I am getting these certificate errors when opening Applications. Kindly provide me a solution for this.Thank You...
  5. Windows does not have enough information to verify this Certificate

Windows does not have enough information to verify this Certificate: Hi, As posted in above screenshot I am getting these certificate errors when opening Applications. Kindly provide me a solution for this.Thank You...
  6. Windows does not have enough space error message

Windows does not have enough space error message: Hello, since my C Drive is full I am trying to remove files and move them to an external drive but I keep getting the error message that windows does not have enough space. How can I get these files off the C drive to my external drive? Please help, Important pictures are in...
  7. How does Windows 10 know if an application is from a verified publisher digital certificate...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How does Windows 10 know if an application is from a verified publisher digital certificate...: I have a VM and it has Windows 10 LTSC fresh install always offline without any updates, so last update is late 2018. I downloaded an application and checked inside the Windows 10 VM and somehow Windows knows it has a digital certificate timestamped from 2020 to 2024? how...
  8. security certificate not verified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    security certificate not verified.: I use outlook for my emails. When I send the first email of the day a dialogue box appears stating that the server I am connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. It states the target principal name is incorrect. Is this a problem with my system...
  9. Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure...

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure...: [ATTACH]If message Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure […] This article Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device (Code 35) first appeared on...
  10. Does windows security enough?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does windows security enough?: I just reinstall the windows and thinking about AV, i want to use my previous AV its AVAST but since they put lots of ads lately, i thinking twice to go back. So i take a look at windows defender/windows security and i want to ask does windows security have shield feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows do not have enough information to verify this certificate