Windows 10: Windows does not keep applications during sleep

Discus and support Windows does not keep applications during sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 on DELL Volstro computer and find the following issues very annoying: - When I put the computer into sleep quick touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HJ_Socal, Apr 26, 2020.

1. HJ_Socal Win User

Windows does not keep applications during sleep

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 on DELL Volstro computer and find the following issues very annoying:

- When I put the computer into sleep quick touch on "power" button and then come back again open the lid and light touch on "power" key, the computer seems to be restarting every time, as a result, I have to log into my account agian and all the applications need to be restarted. This does not feel like sleep/suspend.

- I used DELL latitude before this computer, the sleep is controlled by "Fn + "moon" icon", when the computer comes back, all the applications just resume from the state before going into sleep

I am not sure whether this is Computer problem or Windows 10 problem, so instead of using light touch on "power" button as the sleep/resume trigger, I used the Windows menu "sleep" in the power menu, there are three options: sleep, shut down, restart to control the sleep, but the result is the same, all applications seem to have been killed.

Anyone has idea what is happening here?

:)

HJ_Socal, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Was there any major changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the computer go to sleep when trying to access any other applications?

For the issues with Windows maximizing automatically, try these steps and let us know if it helps:
    1. Open Ease of Access.
    2. Click on make the mouse easier to use.
    3. Under “Make it easier to manager Windows”, uncheck the first option “Activate the window by hovering over it with the mouse”.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

For issue related to computer going to sleep, try this step and let us know if it helps:

- Run the Power troubleshooter.

Open Settings and navigate to Update and Security>> Troubleshoot and run the Power Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Windows does not keep applications during sleep

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not keep applications during sleep

1. Windows does not keep applications during sleep - Similar Threads - does keep applications

2. Why does Windows 11 go to sleep during a program installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 go to sleep during a program installation?: Not sure why this is even a thing. We really are getting dumber over time if the PC goes to sleep while installing a program. If I start an installation and that installation is going to take some time I walk away. There's no need to sit there and the answer to set the sleep...
  3. Why does Windows 11 go to sleep during a program installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 go to sleep during a program installation?: Not sure why this is even a thing. We really are getting dumber over time if the PC goes to sleep while installing a program. If I start an installation and that installation is going to take some time I walk away. There's no need to sit there and the answer to set the sleep...
  4. Windows 11 pc keeps powering down during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pc keeps powering down during sleep: PROBLEMPowerspec B748 Device name PowerSpecB748 Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700K 3.61 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 14156B02-FEAA-46D6-98DC-DF46139A3E77 Product ID 00355-60694-18031-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  5. Windows 11 pc keeps powering down during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pc keeps powering down during sleep: PROBLEMPowerspec B748 Device name PowerSpecB748 Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700K 3.61 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 14156B02-FEAA-46D6-98DC-DF46139A3E77 Product ID 00355-60694-18031-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  6. Some application does not "survive" sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some application does not "survive" sleep mode.: Hello, I'm a new windows user but very experienced Linux/Mac user. I just started using windows a week ago. I bought a new laptop Dell XPS 15 and started to slowly install applications. Starting day 3 or 4 of my usage I tried to install RSS/News readers and twitter clients...
  7. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  8. Signout All application during shutdown/restart/sleep

Signout All application during shutdown/restart/sleep: When I have shut down the system or restarted it, or when I go back from sleep position, the account will automatically remove or logout from the applications I already have signed. Because of that I'm forced to log in again every time. It's very difficult for me .. This...
  9. Laptop + closed lid keeps waking during sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop + closed lid keeps waking during sleep.: When I’m done working for a bit I put my computer to sleep and close the lid. For some reason every Windows 10 laptop I have owned has always woken my from sleep even when their lids are closed. This causes them to get hot and the fans to scream when it’s not really supposed...
  10. Windows reboots during sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots during sleep: Hi there, I have been having issues for quite some time where Windows will crash and reboot when I leave the PC to sleep, and then come back ~6-8 hours later. Steps to Reproduce 1. Use the PC as usual 2. Lock the computer (eg with WIN + L) 3. Return ~8 hours later and...