Windows 10: Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password

Discus and support Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently used the "refresh" facility on my HP Pavilion Laptop. On start-up, sign in, I received a message stating that my password was not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by poolboyuk, Nov 15, 2018.

1. poolboyuk Win User

Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password

I recently used the "refresh" facility on my HP Pavilion Laptop. On start-up, sign in, I received a message stating that my password was not recognised. I have reset my password five times (through the Microsoft live site) but on each occasion when then attempting to sign in to my PC on sign in I am told the password is not recognised. Each time the "new" password has been recognised on all my other devices.

I have tried using the on screen keyboard but the result I the same.

I am now totally locked out of this laptop but fortunately I can access my mail etc via other devices using passwords that this laptop does not recognise. What can I do?

:)

poolboyuk, Nov 15, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Filur2829 Win User

Password recognision

Installed Windows 10, but it will not recognise my microsoft account password?

Filur2829, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password - Similar Threads - Does Recognise Microsoft

2. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  3. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  4. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  5. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  6. Windows won't recognise my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't recognise my password: I have not used my office computer whilst working from home but when I try to log in, it won't recognise my password or pin number so I am locked out of the computer. The only buttons I can access is power and ease of use. There is no start button. I have logged on to windows...
  7. Windows does not recognise my outlook.com password - any ideas??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not recognise my outlook.com password - any ideas??: Hi all, Getting desperate... I am trying to log in to my Windows 10 laptop as an admin in Advanced Recovery mode, but it doesn't recognise my password. I went to the email address associated outlook.com and changed the password there, but that isn't recognised either....
  8. Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password: Hi, For around a year now i have been unable to sign in to my computer after an update. I normally log in with a pin, but after the update it asks for a password. My password which i know is correct as i have changed it multiple times trying to solve this problem, does not...
  9. why does my windows 10 computer refuse to recognise my microsoft password to allow me...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does my windows 10 computer refuse to recognise my microsoft password to allow me...: My windows 10 newer computer just shut me out of getting on my computer. It will not recognize my Microsoft password to allow access to computer.Was on FB and video was flickering very fast, and froze the page and also froze any further functions. Could not x off any...
  10. Microsoft does not recognise my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft does not recognise my password: Some time ago Microsoft refused to recognise my password though I know it was OK. Luckily I can open my computer using my PIN but I'm worried that M'soft might suddenly not recognise that either so I set about resetting my password using https://account.live.com. Three...