Windows 10: Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?

Discus and support Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a Micron_2200_MTFDHBA1T0TCK 1024.2 GB in my laptop, and I had 2 main partitions, one for linux and one for Windows. After deleting the 150GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayznPz, Apr 15, 2021.

1. JayznPz Win User

Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?

I got a Micron_2200_MTFDHBA1T0TCK 1024.2 GB in my laptop, and I had 2 main partitions, one for linux and one for Windows. After deleting the 150GB Linux partition I resized the main partition again. It shows as 953 GB partition in Disk Management but only as 802 GB in Explorer.

Is there a way this can be fixed without reformatting and possibly deletinganything?

:)

JayznPz, Apr 15, 2021
  2. fredde Win User

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition? :)*Smile Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition? :)

fredde, Apr 15, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Resize a Partition/Install

Nevermind. Fixed the issue by Resizing the main partition with a live USB linux OS

rk3066, Apr 15, 2021
  4. DeNeDe Win User

HDD partitions format

Used a tool from the list and it worked..
    Install won't start if windows can't recognize the partitions.

DeNeDe, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition? - Similar Threads - does recognize full

2. Windows 10 doesn't recognize the full size of a partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize the full size of a partition: Hello all,Right after I installed windows, I had a 117GB partition of windows data, 488GB for linux and 326GB of unassigned space. I wanted to extend my windows partition with the unassigned space, but it didn't work spit out an error "the volume requires contiguous disk...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognize the full size of a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize the full size of a partition: Hello all,Right after I installed windows, I had a 117GB partition of windows data, 488GB for linux and 326GB of unassigned space. I wanted to extend my windows partition with the unassigned space, but it didn't work spit out an error "the volume requires contiguous disk...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize the full size of a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resize partitions

Resize partitions: I have one 18T HD in two partitions, 6T + 12T unallocated, now I want to shink in one 18T but fail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-partitions/912c9013-7422-4ac6-aff1-2870203a45a9
  6. Resize partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize partitions: I have one 18T HD in two partitions, 6T + 12T unallocated, now I want to shink in one 18T but fail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-partitions/912c9013-7422-4ac6-aff1-2870203a45a9
  7. Resize partitions

8. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  9. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  10. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition