Windows 10: Windows does not recognize login password

Discus and support Windows does not recognize login password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LMorror, Feb 28, 2020.

1. LMorror Win User

Windows does not recognize login password

I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is messing up my updates, access to MS Store etc. I can't get anything. I have created new accounts, reset password multiple times, but nothing helps. Also tried speaking to MS but no human beings work there anymore and the Auto assistant doesn't understand anything but the most basic issues.

Can I wipe windows off this machine and put it back on? How do I do that?

:)

LMorror, Feb 28, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 wiil not accept my password after install

Hi Equipdoc,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• In which account your password is not been recognized? Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    If it’s a Microsoft account please follow the below steps follow the steps.

• Login to
              www.microsoft.com/en-us/accountusing your Microsoft account credentials.

• Reset the password of the account which is not been recognized in your system.

• Use the reset password credential and try logging in.

• Check if it resolves the issue.
    If it’s not a Microsoft account Login to your Administrator account and reset the password of the account which is not been recognized.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Windows does not recognize login password

Password not recognized after shutdown

Hi Shrec,

• Will it give same error message when you use new password on login screen?
    When you try to reset the password, ensure to enter the same Email address what you see on the login screen for your account. Sometimes, the issue might occur due to the incorrect characters entered into the password field. This happens
    when the input keyboard language changes to some other. Suggest you to login using an On-Screen Keyboard at login screen and see if it helps. To do so,

• When you reach login screen, press Windows + U
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with
      On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.
    Do check this issue by logging through Safe Mode with Networking, to see if it allows you to login without any issue. This troubleshooting step will help you to eliminate any problem with the third party software (I.e. including Antivirus or Internet
    security software) or services, if in case they are forcing this behavior at login screen, before you reach the desktop screen. To
    Boot your system in Safe Mode,

• Restart your PC. When you reach the
      sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the
      Power button, and then select Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

• Once it reaches login screen, check if it allows you login. You can also use
      On-Screen Keyboard here for typing password, as suggested.
    Note: Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start
    Windows are installed. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

If you still unable to login, please let us know, we're glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not recognize login password

1. Windows does not recognize login password - Similar Threads - does recognize login

2. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  3. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  4. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows does not recognize password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not recognize password: Dell Inspirion 1550 Windows 10-64. Attempting to restart in safe mode and windows asking for a password. Have used present and all past passwords, none are recoginized. Unable to connect to network until logon so changing password on line does not work....
  6. windows 10 login pin and password not recognized

windows 10 login pin and password not recognized: windows 10 64 bit 2004. System rebooted after/during update. Neither Pin or PW work. I can login to MS on line account and change PW from another Workstation but first PC will not use it. Safe mode and diagnostics need PW. Trying to boot from restore disk at this point....
  7. PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt: When login in to my laptop with Windows 10 Home ver 1709 the 1st attempt often fails for an unrecognized password. But when reentering the same password it accepts it. Is this a Windows bug or someone trying to steal my password?...
  8. Windows 10, does not recognize my password!

Windows 10, does not recognize my password!: Hi all! I only want to share my findings with you. I had the same problem. My computer was extremely slow. So i decided to go through my startup settings. I went to MSCONFIG, and chose to reboot the computer with selected startup process option. That was when I noticed...
  9. OS does not recognize Homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OS does not recognize Homegroup password?: New laptop, first time Win10. I'm not yet ready to deal with the frustration of trying to setup a 'real' network with the other 2 machines so I'm doing a Homegroup temporarily. When prompted for the password, I opened Homegroup on my old Win7 machine and carefully typed...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up: Microsoft suggested that I download Win 10 and like a credulous fool I took them up on it. It took more than 24 hours while it "worked in the background" to install but finally this morning it said it was complete and ready. The new Win 10 login page says, "Hi there! Welcome...