Windows 10: Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

Discus and support Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/twodeadrats, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The thing is that when I reinstall drivers, the system says f****k you and refuses to see the headphones.

submitted by /u/twodeadrats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/twodeadrats, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone [​IMG]

Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 22, 2020
  4. AhriChan Win User

Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

So.. i bought the Steelseries Siberia 200 (NON-USB!) yesterday and i plugged them into the Back of my PC, (green in green, red in red, and so on)

The Microphone is working fine, but the Sound is really quiet compared to when i plug the Headset into my Phone for example.

And if i plug the Headset on the Front Red & Green Jacks, The Headphones are recognized as Headphones. its also Louder, how it's suppose to be.. But the Microphone quality is really bad.. so that isnt an Option..

so I was trying to find out why its like that.. And there it was, The Headphones are recognized as Speakers in the Sound Settings.

So the Problem is, Windows thinks im using Speakers and therefor the sound is quiter (because Speakers have a boost, but my Headset doesnt.)

And i dont know how to set the Headphones to Headphones. I tried removing the HD Audio Driver from Realtek, and reinstalled.

Nothing helped so far.. =(

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AhriChan, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

1. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone - Similar Threads - does recognize headphones

2. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  3. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  4. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  5. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  6. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  7. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  8. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  9. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  10. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...