Windows 10: Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

Discus and support Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DenisCorlade, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to recognize it, and it previously worked without any issues. I can see the screen on the TV, but I cannot output the sound to the TV, I can only output to either the laptop speakers or the headset that Im using. I switched to Ubuntu to try if it works there and it does, I can plug in the HDMI and output the sound on the TV. I trie

:)

DenisCorlade, Mar 18, 2023

2. no sound on tv when HDMI is connected to laptop

Hi LaVerne,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Select Manage Audio Devices.

5. On the Playback tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Click on
    Digital Output Device (HDMI).

6. There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .

7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

Windows 10 not outputting sound when connecting HDMI to TV

I am used to using my windows 10 laptop to connect to my TV and watch stuff. I do this all the time, however recently the sound has stopped working. To be clear the video works but the sound does not. I have tried another HDMI cable and this does not solve the problem which suggests that its something to the with the settings in windows 10 causing the issue. Does anybody have any idea what the issue might be?

My computer us working fine, sound works without HDMI attached. Volume is up and everything is working on the computer side of things. Nothing has recently been installed either...The only problem is that when you connect the TV to the laptop the video works but the sounds does not.

CiaranWelsh, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

1. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does - Similar Threads - does recognize output

2. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  3. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  4. Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV: After KB5022303 update Windows Sound Troubleshooter says HDMI connection is not plugged in. Uninstalled the update and HDMI sound works again....
  5. Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV: After KB5022303 update Windows Sound Troubleshooter says HDMI connection is not plugged in. Uninstalled the update and HDMI sound works again....
  6. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  7. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  8. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu: Hi,I think win10 is able to see drive with NTFS and exFAT partition format but the problem is win10 does not recognize my drive that format in ubuntu as NTFS and exFAT. those my two drives are moving from ubuntu to use in window desktop- put back to ubuntu both drive work...
  10. HDMI Output to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...