Windows 10: Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

Discus and support Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hasindu Kariyawasam, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste, delete, rename, etc. I have to refresh manually to make the change appear. To make things worse I can't shut down the computer too. When I click shutdown the shutdown screen appears and then the screen turns off. However, the machine is still running. I have to press and hold the power button to shut down the computer. I tried restarting the windows explorer through the task manager, but then the whole screen turns black and stays like that. Wh

:)

Hasindu Kariyawasam, Feb 15, 2023
  2. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Most items are refreshed automatically. I'll add driver details to items that get refreshed.

Adding F5 for complete refresh is a good suggestion

W1zzard, Feb 15, 2023
  4. Naki Win User

Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

Thema:

Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

1. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown - Similar Threads - does refresh automatically

2. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  3. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  4. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  5. what does refresh on desktop in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does refresh on desktop in windows: what does refresh on desktop in windows????... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-refresh-on-desktop-in-windows/96614c4d-c870-42c9-a429-1b5d6970e349
  6. what does refresh on desktop in windows

what does refresh on desktop in windows: what does refresh on desktop in windows????... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-refresh-on-desktop-in-windows/96614c4d-c870-42c9-a429-1b5d6970e349
  7. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown: Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste, delete, rename, etc. I have to refresh manually to make the change appear. To make things worse I can't shut down the...
  8. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown: Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste, delete, rename, etc. I have to refresh manually to make the change appear. To make things worse I can't shut down the...
  9. Laptop does not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop does not Shutdown: I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop even after I do a shutdown and the light on the Power off button goes off the laptop does not switch off and as soon as I open the laptop it boots up as if it is waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. How do I ensure the laptop actually Shuts...
  10. Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown: When I click on the shutdown button under the windows logo; the screen goes black and then the desktop comes back. I made a shortcut of a shutdown command-line on my desktop to see if it's a hardware problem but I can shutdown the pc by clicking that. Is this a bug or some...