Windows 10: Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter...

Discus and support Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I've experiencing this problem since few months. Before that whenever I tried to open or save any file from any folder then in the "File name"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hammad Mohsin Farooqui, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter...

Hi,

I've experiencing this problem since few months. Before that whenever I tried to open or save any file from any folder then in the "File name" field if type for example "n" then windows suggested me in the drop down list with all the files starting from letter "n" and as long as I go further like "ne" then Windows keep showing me the list of files starting with "ne" in the same folder.

But Now it is not suggesting any filename neither I open any file or save any file. as you can see, there are many files starting from "ne" but no suggestion in the file name field!

Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter... 4a968953-5a4a-4549-9459-1fb65f763d01?upload=true.png

Please tell me how to fix this ?

Regards,

Hammad

:)

Hammad Mohsin Farooqui, Feb 11, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 11, 2020
  3. AnyOne-10 Win User
    Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Problem:

• Created fresh old-fashioned backup using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to a disk that does not contain a previous backup, FileHistory or WindowsImageBackup
    • Opened Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to test the content of my backup and hit "Restore my files" to browse through the content.

The backup appears to be containing many references to old folders and files that are no longer existing on my PC.
    • When trying to restore such non existing file from the backup, I get the error "The backup file could not be found [...] 0x8100001A". Which is not surprising since the file was not on the system when creating the backup.
    • Also, when looking at the Previous Versions tab of a folder's Properties it shows versions of several years ago. When restoring a 2 year old version it finishes successfully, but no old version is restored. Which is not surprising either.
    What have I tried?:

• I've cleaned my external disk and recreated the backup with the same results of backup.
    • I've switched of System Protection and deleted Restore points and folder still shows Previous Versions of 2 years ago.
    • I've deleted shadow copies using vssadmin and folder still shows Previous Versions of 2 years ago.
    However...

When opening my backup file in Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) and clicked "Select another backup to restore files from", the backup does not show old files/folders that do not exist on my system.

Questions:

• How can I get rid of references to old non-existing Previous Versions of my folders?
    • How can I get rid of references to old non-existing files and folders when browsing the backup using "Restore my files"

AnyOne-10, Feb 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter...

Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter... [​IMG]

Motim?

dalchina, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter...

1. Windows does not show or suggest the list of existing files inside the folder when enter... - Similar Threads - does show suggest

2. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  3. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  4. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.

Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.: After deleting a file from the Windows 11 Start Menu "Suggested List", it does not appear in the "Suggested List" even if the file is used again.Is there any solution other than initialization? I want you to tell me....
  6. Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.: After deleting a file from the Windows 11 Start Menu "Suggested List", it does not appear in the "Suggested List" even if the file is used again.Is there any solution other than initialization? I want you to tell me....
  7. The .dmp file listed in event viewer does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The .dmp file listed in event viewer does not exist.: I am a windows 11 user version 22H2, OS build 22621.1105. I am trying to diagnose an issue where my USB devices will randomly stop working. There are a few events in the event viewer that I want to look at the .dmp file in order to find the VID and DEV values to pinpoint the...
  8. The .dmp file listed in event viewer does not exist.

The .dmp file listed in event viewer does not exist.: I am a windows 11 user version 22H2, OS build 22621.1105. I am trying to diagnose an issue where my USB devices will randomly stop working. There are a few events in the event viewer that I want to look at the .dmp file in order to find the VID and DEV values to pinpoint the...
  9. "The file or folder does not exist" when creating a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The file or folder does not exist" when creating a folder: Hello, I had a mklink folder created in my Dropbox folder. It was My Documents folder. I since removed it and I want to create a folder called Documents in my Dropbox folder. When I try to create this folder I get ""The file or folder does not exist" error and then a folder...
  10. unable to rename any file or folder showing me file or folder does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to rename any file or folder showing me file or folder does not exist: I'm unable to rename my file or folder in window 10 every time I'm getting a message like "the file or folder does not exist" please help me ASAP!!...