Windows 10: Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad

Discus and support Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new touchpad mouse. I plugged it in and it seemed to install correctly. It works great. Except that Windows no longer sleeps after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wimpy_Wellington, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad

I bought a new touchpad mouse. I plugged it in and it seemed to install correctly. It works great.

Except that Windows no longer sleeps after inactivity. I have had this touchpad for several weeks now; I have restarted Windows numerous times. What makes Windows think I am active? Other than unplugging the touchpad each time I leave, is there any setting that affects this behavior?

:)

Wimpy_Wellington, Jan 16, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 16, 2021
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad

1. Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad - Similar Threads - does sleep getting

2. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps going to sleep.: It will randomly goto sleep. Usually when im typing, but not always just when typing. occasionally it will reactivate as intended immediately after, but most of the time, it will stay asleep for upto 3-5 seconds of me clicking and sliding on the touchpad. Is there a way to...
  3. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps going to sleep.: It will randomly goto sleep. Usually when im typing, but not always just when typing. occasionally it will reactivate as intended immediately after, but most of the time, it will stay asleep for upto 3-5 seconds of me clicking and sliding on the touchpad. Is there a way to...
  4. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep: My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again if I force restart. This problem has persisted for months and through several Windows updates. All my drivers are up to...
  6. Windows does not restart after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not restart after sleep: Since the last update a few weeks ago now I have had a very serious problem with Windows 10. For years I have used the following command line in a bat file to engage Sleep mode from a Shortcut on the Desktop: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState...
  7. Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.: A bug I seem to be having with 2004 is after sleep I cannot use the touchpad to wake the laptop. I have a mouse connected but even if I disconnect this it still doesnt work. Ive rolled back the driver to the previous (working) one, clean installed the driver & disconnected...
  8. Your phone application does not start after getting out of sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone application does not start after getting out of sleep.: Hi. Your phone application does not start after getting out of sleep. Windows 10 pro 1909 latest updates installed. Windows just installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-application-does-not-start-after/36a5fa4a-b9ae-4f45-8182-0e43c1ba9c3e
  9. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps: Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do...
  10. Touchpad stops working after sleep mode

Touchpad stops working after sleep mode: After my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop wakes up from sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't work. The touchpad enable button won't work, the touchpad only functioning after I restart my laptop. I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them....