Windows 10: Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files

Discus and support Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been very confused and upset with what's been happening with my computer lately. About a week ago, it did an update while I was in a call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KatNguyen, Jun 10, 2021.

1. KatNguyen Win User

Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files

Hello, I have been very confused and upset with what's been happening with my computer lately. About a week ago, it did an update while I was in a call on Discord. It didn't ask for permission or anything, it just updated by itself. When it was done updating, I realized my wallpapers were replaced by the default ones and my files were all missing. There were only a few useless game apps left on my desktop. I wrote about it on this exact forum but it wouldn't let me post it. I could find them on my OneDrive thing, thankfully.But it's happened a second time and I really don't want to have to do

:)

KatNguyen, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Jun 10, 2021
  3. win 7 need perm to delete files

i have this thing on the windows 8. they need permission to delete thumbs.db files? :S
    i just access from my phone and delete them lol.

de.das.dude, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files

1. Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files - Similar Threads - does update without

2. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  3. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  6. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  7. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Admin Can't delete files without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Can't delete files without permission: When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder....
  9. Windows update without Permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463