Windows 10: Windows doesn't acknowledge the internet connection -the mysterious conncetion to Chrome

Discus and support Windows doesn't acknowledge the internet connection -the mysterious conncetion to Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past couple of days I've experienced an escalating problem with Windows suddenly after a while or, more recently, not even to begin with,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anna_S211, May 2, 2019.

1. Anna_S211 Win User

Windows doesn't acknowledge the internet connection -the mysterious conncetion to Chrome

For the past couple of days I've experienced an escalating problem with Windows suddenly after a while or, more recently, not even to begin with, recognize my connection to the internet.

I've googled and searched many forums for tips and ideas, trying everything (resetting ip, changing dns and every other useful tip). But the problem remained.

The thing is that I now found a solution that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in relation to questions like this -and for me it's far from logical, but:

When I by chance once now opened Firefox instead of Chrome, the problem disappeared and everything works just fine!

How the heck is this possible?

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?

:)

Anna_S211, May 2, 2019
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, May 2, 2019
  3. Only Chrome can connect to the Internet.

To resolve the particular error messages that you're having, we suggest you perform the steps below to disable proxy server:

• Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box which says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN, then click
      OK.

You can also follow the steps on this
    article
    that lists all steps that can help you when you're having issues with internet connection.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 2, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows doesn't acknowledge the internet connection -the mysterious conncetion to Chrome

Laptop doesn's recognize that it's connected to the internet Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't acknowledge the internet connection -the mysterious conncetion to Chrome - Similar Threads - doesn't acknowledge internet

2. Related to internet conncetion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to internet conncetion.: I am having a problem with my wi-fi that is it does not show the sign on the setting as well as can not connect. to connect through internet i have to use usb sharing does anyone know what this problem is as well as how do I solve this....
  3. Related to internet conncetion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Related to internet conncetion.: I am having a problem with my wi-fi that is it does not show the sign on the setting as well as can not connect. to connect through internet i have to use usb sharing does anyone know what this problem is as well as how do I solve this....
  4. Windows doesn't show any internet connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't show any internet connections: Despite working well a few hours ago, upon boot my laptop can't find any internet connections at all and it stays like that despite restarts and shut downs and troubleshooting only recommended turning on and off the router....
  5. Internet doesn't connect on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet doesn't connect on startup: This has been happening to me recently and I don't know why. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is annoying and I want to figure out how to fix it. When I boot my pc and log in to the desktop screen, my internet will not connect for about 30 seconds. This makes it so all...
  6. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  7. Mysterious Problem related to internet connection

Mysterious Problem related to internet connection: Dear Microsoft community, Please, it's important to read the message to the end. I'm facing a very weird problem with my computers. Sorry for the boring details that i will write but maybe it's better to help understand what's happening. So, at the beginning i connected to...
  8. Microsoft acknowledges that Windows 10 has a internet problem

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft acknowledges that Windows 10 has a internet problem: We recently reported that a recent Windows 10 update (KB4541335) was causing installation issues and crashing people’s computer. While Microsoft has yet to acknowledge problems with Windows 10 optional cumulative update, the company recently confirmed a new bug in the OS that...
  9. Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet

Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet: Why does my wifi say that i'm connected to internet, and have an excellent connection, but wherever I get on chrome, the connection always times out?...
  10. Laptop is connected to the internet, but doesn't realise it's connected

Laptop is connected to the internet, but doesn't realise it's connected: Weird one - my laptop is connected the internet, however on the taskbar tray, the wifi icon is greyed out with the asterisk above it, indicating the laptop is *not* connected to the internet. When I click on this icon, the network I'm connected to says "no internet, secured",...