Windows 10: Windows doesnt boot up anymore

Discus and support Windows doesnt boot up anymore in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When starting my pc i get the message "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".Ive recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LeoKiwitt, Feb 12, 2022.

1. LeoKiwitt Win User

Windows doesnt boot up anymore

When starting my pc i get the message "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".Ive recently partitioned my harddrive and installed Linux on that partition. Then I had some problems with windows, I couldn't shut my pc of properly and I couldn't update because when restarting after installing the update it automatically went to Linux and then I had to restart it again this time selecting windows 10 in grub, but then it said that the update didn't install correctly. Because of these issues I just formatted the partition Linux was on to ma

:)

LeoKiwitt, Feb 12, 2022
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 12, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 12, 2022
  4. madris Win User

Windows 10 and windows XP dual boot problem

Hello,
    I recently upgraded my windows 7 to 10. I had XP installed also. After the upgrade i couldn't boot from XP anymore(but it was showed on the boot list) so reinstalled it. Now windows 10 doesnt appear in my boot list so i cant boot from it anymore. Any ideas how to make it work please ? i tried the BCD but no luck. Maybe i don't know how to use it but on the Edit List screen, it showed both windows 10 and XP and i selected windows 10 as default but it still doesnt show up on the startup screen and neither does it boot from it.
    Any ideas please ?

madris, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows doesnt boot up anymore - Similar Threads - doesnt boot anymore

2. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  3. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  4. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows doesnt boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt boot up anymore: When starting my pc i get the message "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".Ive recently partitioned my harddrive and installed Linux on that partition. Then I had some problems with windows, I couldn't shut my pc...
  6. Windows doesnt boot up anymore

Windows doesnt boot up anymore: When starting my pc i get the message "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".Ive recently partitioned my harddrive and installed Linux on that partition. Then I had some problems with windows, I couldn't shut my pc...
  7. Laptop doesnt boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop doesnt boot up: When I press the power button, nothing happens! What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-boot-up/542e2846-704c-4467-b114-4c5a914d182c
  8. Laptop doesnt boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesnt boot up: When I press the power button, nothing happens! What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-boot-up/542e2846-704c-4467-b114-4c5a914d182c
  9. Laptop doesnt boot up

10. Computer won’t boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won’t boot up anymore: For a while, I had an issue where my Windows updates wouldn’t install. Whenever I tried installing them, I would get the “Update failed, reverting changes” screen. Once, I even got stuck in a loop of that. I got tired of not being able to turn off my pc for fear of getting...