Windows 10: Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones

Discus and support Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ho un computer portatile e quando in questi ultimi giorni l'ho acceso l'audio partiva sia dalle casse che dalle cuffie nonostante il computer non le... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zPalo_, Jun 7, 2019.

1. zPalo_ Win User

Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones

Ho un computer portatile e quando in questi ultimi giorni l'ho acceso l'audio partiva sia dalle casse che dalle cuffie nonostante il computer non le cuffie. Inoltre le casse e le cuffie sono lette come un unico dispositivo di riproduzione. Ho provato a reinstallare i driver e a cercare l'opzione "disable front panel jack detection" come molti consigliano su internet, tuttavia non trovo tale opzione.

Ho utilizzato lo strumento per rilevare i problemi di Windows ma dice solamente "problemi trovati, driver audio generico" senza riuscire a risolverlo. Come ultimo tentativo ho provato a formattare il computer ma niente, il problema persiste.

I have a computer portable and when, in these last days, I have turn on it, the sound started both speakers and headphones although the headphones weren't detected by the pc. Moreover the speakers and the headphones are viewed as a single playback device. I have tried to reinstall the drivers and to search "disable front panel jack detection" in realtek as many people advice it, but I didn't find it.

I have used "troubleshoot sound problem" but it says only "problem finded, generic audio driver" without solving it.

In the end I have tried to format the pc but nothing, the problem is still here.

:)

zPalo_, Jun 7, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones.

With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected there are no headphones detected at all.

I have tried updating drivers but it didn't make a difference.

BeccaBee12, Jun 7, 2019
  4. TANYAG56 Win User

Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones

Headphones detected as Speakers

Hi,

I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack.

The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones plays, if I want the sound to play on my speakers, I have to unplug my headphones.

I want to be able to use them separately, like play spotify on my speakers and games and discord on my headphones..

Please help!

TANYAG56, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones - Similar Threads - doesn't detect headphones

2. Headphones and speaker doesn't have sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones and speaker doesn't have sound: Hello,ASUS K555UB, Windows 10My headphones don't seem to play sounds after my cat stepped on my headphone wires. I unplugged my headphones and my laptop speaker doesn't also seem to play any sounds so i decided to reinstall my drivers. To no avail, It doesn't seem to work and...
  3. Headphones and speaker doesn't have sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones and speaker doesn't have sound: Hello,ASUS K555UB, Windows 10My headphones don't seem to play sounds after my cat stepped on my headphone wires. I unplugged my headphones and my laptop speaker doesn't also seem to play any sounds so i decided to reinstall my drivers. To no avail, It doesn't seem to work and...
  4. Headphones and speaker doesn't have sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  6. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  7. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...
  8. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  9. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...
  10. Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones

Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones: My computer uses the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have headphones plugged into the front panel and speakers plugged into the board itself on the back. I use nircmd to switch the default audio device between the speakers and headphones. When I have the headphones set as the...