Windows 10: Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it.

Discus and support Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I go online now the screen is reduced so that the desktop shows behind it. If I click the box in the upper right hand corner to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Mar 22, 2019.

1. paulaE. Win User

Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it.

Every time I go online now the screen is reduced so that the desktop shows behind it. If I click the box in the upper right hand corner to get the double box, it goes to the size it should be but it doesn't stay there. Is there a way to fix this. It's very annoying. I don't want to adjust it every time I log on. This just started. I never had this issue before. And it's not a matter of using the horizontal arrow to widen the screen. That doesn't work anyway. I need the double box to stay as the setting. Thank you

:)

paulaE., Mar 22, 2019

2. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Desk Top Windows 10

Thank you DaveM121. I`m sorry I didn`t make it clear (1932 is my date of birth so am a little slow on new things) My problem is how to move items from my desk top to the next screen and make them into apps and then using your tip make some of
    them into tiles using `Pin to Start`. I have a new computer with windows 10 my old one was windows 7 and I have managed to move desk top items from the old windows 7 computer screen over to show on the new windows 10 screen. I`m happy with this but
    I can`t see how to make them into apps ? Then pick out some of them and make them into tiles. Maybe it`s not possible. Many thank`s David1932

DAVE. 1932, Mar 22, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it. - Similar Threads - doesn't fill whole

2. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen: Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a...
  3. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen: Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a...
  4. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  6. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  7. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  8. Tab not filling the whole screen

Tab not filling the whole screen: I have a HP Envy laptop with windows 10 home. When I open a tab, it usually starts fullscreen, however when I got on it today, one of my tabs was not opening to fullscreen, I tried restarting, both the app and computer, but neither worked, and i need this tab to be in...
  9. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  10. I always see the top of my desktop

I always see the top of my desktop: Hello, I just got this laptop that runs on windows 10 and noticed something strange. When I have a browser open, even in full screen, the screen is not covered fully. I can always so the top side of my background on the desktop. I really do not think that this is a new...