Windows 10: Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before...

Discus and support Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Like the title says, I have confirmed that Windows 10 doesn't follow the hibernate settings that are set under the battery section of the power plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jwkim022, Jan 30, 2021.

1. jwkim022 Win User

Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before...

Like the title says, I have confirmed that Windows 10 doesn't follow the hibernate settings that are set under the battery section of the power plan when a laptop lid is closed prior to disconnecting the power.

On the other hand, when power is disconnected first so that the laptop recognizes that it is in battery mode, such as the screen dimming, before the lid is closed, it will properly follow the hibernate setting under the battery plan.

This has been the case for years now and I have noticed this on my personal laptop as well as numerous work laptops 5 laptops that I have used over the years.

I believe the only way to address this is for Microsoft developers to fix this with an update. It would be great if an employee forwards this to the right stakeholders.

:)

jwkim022, Jan 30, 2021

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 30, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before...

Laptop now shutting down, sleeping or hibernating

Hi Robertas,

The recent change that you've made on your ram could've affected the power plan settings of your device. As an initial troubleshooting step to restore your power settings, we suggest that you reset all default power plans to default settings. To this, follow
    the steps below:

• Type Command Prompt in the search box.
    • Copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Press Enter, and then wait for the command to finish.
    • Close the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart your device, and then check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before...

1. Windows doesn't follow hibernate settings of the battery plan when laptop is closed before... - Similar Threads - doesn't follow hibernate

2. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  3. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  4. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Battery setting only closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery setting only closes: Windows 10 while clicking on battery option in setting keeps closing instantly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-setting-only-closes/61dfc108-3864-4f85-b365-0161c571d1a9
  6. Laptop Battery Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Battery Plans: Hi, my laptop goes on high performance by default when I plug it in. Similarly, it goes on power saver, when it's on battery. How do I make it go on balanced mode instead of power saver, when it's on battery? submitted by /u/MM98_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  8. Laptop sleeps/hibernate when lid closes, even when settings is "do nothing"

Laptop sleeps/hibernate when lid closes, even when settings is "do nothing": My Lenovo E580, Windows 10. Last couple of months a problem. When the lid closes the laptop goes into sleep/hibernate and refuses to wake up. I need to put it off to work again. My power plan is set to "never" - for monitor also and the settings are to "do nothing"...
  9. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  10. Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to: On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and that is set high also. Still, after I come home after several hours, my laptop is shut down. I ran sleep diagnostics and it...